How I handle No Shows - For What It's Worth....`

SOLVED
Level 1

I see many complain about no shows and I used to as well.  I started doing the following and it has not stopped the no shows but what it has done is stopped waisting my time when someone does decide to blow you off.

First I never deliver telling anyone who wants a delivery that I have many items up on various local sales sites and have 1-2 people wanting to meet each hour therefore they need to come to me.  I have a meeting place (a convienence store) that is a few blocks from my house that I meet everyone at.  When someone wants to meet I let them know the area I am in without giving exact details to the meeting spot.  I say the following "I can meet most anytime today and I am located where Interstate 17 and Loop 101 intersect, I ask you simply message me when you are headed to the area letting me know approx how long it will take to get to me and  i will provide an exact meeting location."  I then wait for a message letting me know they are headed my way and how long it will take. I tell them the address to the convienence store and send a map.  I them tell them to send me 1 more message when they are about 5 to 10 minutes away from the convienence store and I will get there just a bit before them so nobody is waiting on anyone (is great in the Arizona heat) and things will go quick and smooth.  I load the car at this point because if things go this far it's about a 85% chance you are golden and things will go just fine.  When I get the 5 minute warning its almost sure you are going to meet.  I then go to the store and park in the shade at a gas pump and let the buyer know what pump I am at.  This reduces the confusion for people who don't know what car to look for if you give them a make model and year.  They simply go to that pump number and you finish the transaction.  Been doing this for 4 months now and no shows no longer waste my time and thats 2nd best to stopping them alltogether in my book.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community!
@azcolor
_________
Your meet-up routine is on-spot to how I approach all my meet-ups. Only difference, since being female I will inform the buyer that I will be wearing a white hat (I do not give the description of my vehicle). Then, I will arrive and scope out the buyer before putting on my hat. I have had zero flakes... it is possible.
10 REPLIES 10
Level 9
Great advice azcolor and welcome to the community
Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community!
@azcolor
_________
Your meet-up routine is on-spot to how I approach all my meet-ups. Only difference, since being female I will inform the buyer that I will be wearing a white hat (I do not give the description of my vehicle). Then, I will arrive and scope out the buyer before putting on my hat. I have had zero flakes... it is possible.
Level 1

That is genius!

Level 1
I love this!!
Level 1
Terrific tips thank you!
Highlighted
Level 3
I usually say: I will message you tomorrow to confirm. If they don’t confirm, I don’t meet.
Great point you touched on which I personally do at every meet up, I scope it out before giving a description of what I’m wearing or vehicle I’m in etcetera. I want to know what I’m walking into if I’m making a cash deal. I always meet in bright areas with good visibility but it pays to be diligent and ensure that nothing is out of place before injecting yourself into a potentially dangerous situation. I know it sounds more like a drug deal but cash will bring out all sorts of people.
Another question is why can’t we see reviews left for sellers/buyers? I’d like to know if someone had a poor experience with such and such person and yet all we get are stars??
Neighbor
I had a no show today Ryan. I think he may have been up to no good , got mad cause I didn't want to meet near or at my home. Cause he was telling me he's running little late. Jerk
Level 8
My personal opinion is if a buyer or seller don't want to meet at the suggested meeting place I don't bother , running late excuse getting old with today's technology google maps roughly to tell you the time they would arrive, so need to live 10 minute earlier just in case any traffic problem. This people just don't care about being on time.