How to be a 5 Star Seller!

Level 2
thank you so much, @Mj_206! in the midst of taking tons of pics and measurements before posting; those tips really did prove helpful! 😊
Level 2
Great information. I try to stick to all of that. And even when I'm showing somebody how to use offerup... I always tell them, you can say whatever you want. BUT, once you start typing think about if it was your mom or your sister getting the message. Maybe they didn't understand your measurements, your description, or something simple. Text them back nicely, but vent to your friends or spouse all you want. Or all they will let you. Lol

@joy67 Haha! That's one way of looking at it Smiley Very Happy

Level 2
Thanks
Level 3
Yes I agree with all your great tips. I'm not sure if you mentioned one thing that I believe is important as well as all other selling points. If I missed it and you did in facyvmention it I do apologize.
The very last part of a sale that I believe will keep a five star rating is a 3-5 day follow up.
So 3-5 days after the sale...
Message the buyer to make sure all is good with their purchase.
That's it. You covered everything else and a great jib you did too.
Thank you...
Community Manager

Ooooh - love this personal touch, @Sharee!! Smiley Happy

I'm curious - has this helped you get return customers? 

Level 3
Hi. Thank you for the kudos and for asking.
Yes this has definitly brought me repeat customers.
I always do the follow up with a word or two letting them know to always check my posts as I am adding items daily...
That helps too.
Level 2
Awesome!
Level 6

HI @Sharee I think thats good of you to do the followup,,,,,,,,i myself wont do that ,,,to far in the future for me to look back,,,,,,,,,,,but on one sale i made,,,,i knew when the young lady purchased my parakeet cage , that it was not going to work for her cockatiel,,,,,,so i waited long enough for her t o get home and figure that out for herself ,,,then messaged her to ask her how it was and offered to return her money and met and let her return it.,,,,,but there are so many impulse buyers ,,three to five days later ,,,with the stuff i sell,,,,,,,i think there might be to many wanting to return to many items,,,,,,,and everything i sell is in good working order.,,,,,,,,,,,a friend of mine works at walmart in sporting goods,,,,,,a huge number of people come here to go camping at the beach,buy all the stuff they need at walmart on friday,,,,,,,then return it after their camping trip on sunday night.,,,,,,,,,,,so i supposed it depends on what kind of stuff you sell how that would go for someone having a follow up like that 3 to 5 days later.

Community Manager

@Sharee wrote:
Hi. Thank you for the kudos and for asking.
Yes this has definitly brought me repeat customers.
I always do the follow up with a word or two letting them know to always check my posts as I am adding items daily...
That helps too.

That is AWESOME!! I'll have to try out this technique Smiley Happy