How to deal with people using offer up as a dating site?

Level 9

Hello @Keepinafloat,

Any and all inappropriate behavior should be reported immediately in detail and blocked. The OfferUp team will take care of the person.

Level 1
Omg this is SO ANNOYING!!!! Happens everyday. I just tell them "if you're not buying, I'm gonna report and block you. This isn't a dating site"
It happens so often, offerup really needs to do something about it. Like removing people who get multiple complaints
Level 9

@Marissax510I am sorry about your negative experience. It is annoying but try not to let it bother you so much. Don't allow them to have that power. As for me, I will not conduct business with anyone with such inept social skills.There is not a location safe enough for me to meet with them.

OfferUp is doing something. If you ever come across someone who is acting inappropriately to you and won't stop, please report them so our Trust and Safety team. They can look into their accounts and email them a warning, or block them if need be. 

Community Helper
I just want to thank you for raising this topic @Lola_The_Plug when you did. Too many women are still continuing to deal with this sort of rude, obnoxious behavior. I'm sorry that you've been subject to this sort or rudeness here. I just hope as we go forward that the you and others just don't allow it to go on without reporting. I know some think it's best to ignore but that doesn't offer enough of a deterrent. Then they do just move on and subject someone else to the same behavior. Keep you head up and know your supported by the men here who have manners and respect for women.
Tags (1)
Well Maybe if you have a significant other use their picture or 1 with both of you in the picture or Frankly Don't use a picture of yourself that way they don't Kno what you look like , Simple as that.
Community Helper
Because it's not all about the picture @Keep-It-Real-85. I agree it can definitely attract people who are looking to harass. But even people who don't post a pic get it. Besides, a woman should be able to post a pic without being harassed. She shouldn't be forced to change it because others behave badly.
Level 3
What Exactly is being offered up????? How can you use this as a dating site you’re not offering up a human body so it makes no sense that a selling website could be considered a dating website to. I do believe the oldest profession is illegal these days unless overnight I’m wrong..... Yes punt intended 💫 I just find it humorous thats all
Level 3
Don’t respond just ask “if you want what I have for sale that you see there “ to them , and if they continue to hit on you just block them that way you don’t have to deal with that at all
Level 3
Don’t respond just ask “if you want what I have for sale that you see there “ to them , and if they continue to hit on you just block them that way you don’t have to deal with that at all
Community Helper
But thats jist the point so many women have been dealing with @Isellum. Coming here with the intent to sell or purchase items, you shouldn't have to be harassed like this. Don't just block....report them and let's work to get them off the app. Not just allow them to continue to harass others. There seem to be so many more vocal complaints about this more recently.