How to deal with people using offer up as a dating site?

Level 3
Yes I am one of the women that have been hit on for things that I have for sale and it’s frustrating but I handle it the most properly Way I can’t as a woman. with ease and etiquette and if it continues I just block them when I know they’re not interested in what I have FOR SELL then it’s time to block that person and I don’t have to deal with that anymore💫 onto the next
Community Helper
As a man, I repeat. I'm sorry you ladies are being harassed this way. I support every effort to expose and get rid of those who continue to behave inappropriately, be it male or female.
Tags (1)
Level 3
I respect your answer but that ignore thing leaves to much open for the person who is the pursuer. They must have closer to the fact your not interested! Simply because you don't know who what or what their thinking about you that's why it becomes a VERY DANGEROUS TRANSACTION. Less not forget it's not just women who could be in danger it's a male thing to! People are MESSED UP!!! Well some! You can't give Leveridge To someone that already knows they don’t want to buy what you’re selling they want you!
Level 2
OMG that happens way too often and it is very annoying. Just because I have lingerie items posted doesn't mean it's a fricken invite. These dudes are thirsty! I would sometimes respond but it's strictly about selling the item. Whether they are gonna buy or not. If not, then i report them for wasting my time and for tryna perv on me. Hahaha
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community Forums @wanDUH. Yes, it seems to be to prevalent. Reporting them is key.
Level 9
Hi @Keep-It-Real-85. Its not as simple as that. I disagree with you. Why should we let the bad guys dictate how we should present our profile photo? It us OUR choice and not theirs. If they chooose to harass based on a photo, then that is their sickness, their problem. Dont make it your problem. Maybe the profile photo they see is not even that of the actual member? If a bad guy is going to harrass you, he will do it no matter what your photo is, your face, your dog, a flower, no matter what. You must hold your ground, tell them off, defend yourself and report or block them. Dont change your photo. Shove it down their throat and make those bad guys choke on it. You are who you are, dont let the bad guys intimidate you and make you a victim. Fyi, know of a member who thinks i am ugly, but still hits on me. Lol. Go figger. 😎
@cyclomatic, thank you for your support on this topic.
Tags (1)
Level 9
Hi @cyclomatic, thanks for your vote of support. Of course it can work both ways. But i have yet to hear of a female hitting on a male here or using the forum as a dating site. Have you? Just curious. 🤤
Level 9
@cyclomatic, a forum member to be reckoned with. 😎
...vroooooom....vrooooom......🚴‍♀️
Community Helper
Well, thanks @Privetfla. I think supporting anyone dealing with these violations is important. Especially women. I don't personally know of any guys dealing with this but no matter who is dealing with it, it's wrong.
Level 9
@cyclomatic you got that right, mr. biker dude.🚴‍♀️ 😎
Tags (1)