How to hide the sold items on the filter? This feature is a basic need and seems like missing...

Level 1

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Sold items typically only remain on the feed for ~24 hours. Are you noticing a lot of sold items coming up in your searches? What types of items are you searching for?

Highlighted
Level 1

Is there a way to filter out "sold" items?  If not, please consider adding it.

In answer to your question: "Are you noticing a lot of sold items coming up in your searches? What types of items are you searching for?"

YES - otherwise we wouldn't be asking how to filter it.  It's a bit annoying.  How does seeing things that are sold help the user who is trying to find things for sale?  In many cases I have seen more things listed as "sold" than still for sale (especially over the weekends).  Last weekend for example, in the first 16 listings.  9 of them were marked "sold", that is about 60% of the listings at the time.  This doesn't help people who are trying to sell or buy.

I just checked the "Free" section of my area (It's Wednesday afternoon).  The first 16 listed items - 4 are "Sold" - that means 25% of your listings in that section are irrelevant to buyer and it needlesly burries listing that are still for sale - which isn't helping the sellers.  As I said, during busy times like the weekend it's a MUCH higher %.

Love your service, but a better filter would be nice.

Level 1
I would LOVE this!!
I see it in the “free section” the most but whenever I’m browsing I occasionally see a sold listing and I’d rather not.

Thx!!

Why would I want to see ANY sold items at all? Ever?

Level 4
I WANT to see the Sold items!!! If all Solds could be put in their own category that would be wonderful.

I buy and sell on many platforms and this would help me gauge pricing. This would also help me figure out the best items to list specifically on OfferUp.

OfferUp could be such a useful tool - thanks for listening!