How to take photos that make a quick sale

The first way to take great photos is having great lighting. Natural sunlight is free and works the best. Clear crisp photos. Photos that you can see very well. Having a plain background. Except if the background is white and the item is also all white . Change the background to Gray . Using a sheet for your background works fine. Taking pictures with a iPhone or Galaxy work great. Displaying a item like a scarf shirt on a mannequin works best or a piece of White poster board for shoes. Always remember to have the item clean. A picture is worth a thousand words. Also modeling the item from the neck down is a great way to show a buyer what it would look like on someone. That will attract more buyers.
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Great tips, @ChicKlass8que!! I'm going to sticky this thread because these tips are great!

Highlighted
Level 7

Nice! @ChicKlass8que 

Great tips on taking photos that help highlight your product!!

Tags (2)
L11
Level 9
@ChicKlass8que
Also appreciate your tips on better pics. Thanks!
Good to meet you. @L11
Level 2
Great Tip... I try to make sure my pics are clear and take from all angles... the more detail the less questions
I try and do the same.
Level 1
Thanks for your great tips on photo taking. I've been using natural sunlight and a solid background, too. It's nice to know I'm doing something right. I made my first sell a few days after my first post, but nothing since. The waiting is hard.

Thank you for the advice and reminding me to take a professional approach to all things business.
Thank you for the advice and reminding me to take a professional approach to all things business.