How to take photos that make a quick sale

Thanks
Level 1
Thank you for the great tip, I'm going to consider every details when taking pictures to my items
Community Manager

@crosario77 wrote:
Thank you for the great tip, I'm going to consider every details when taking pictures to my items

Personally, I use a little mini ring light that attaches to my phone! That little bit of extra lighting helps SOOOOO much! I got mine for $10 on Amazon, but I bet there are mini phone ring lights on OfferUp! 

Level 1
I found that my quickest sales are of those items that I take out of the box and display them open. I also photograph the box. Including a shot off the item number so the perspective buyer can find & research the EXACT item online; be informed of the retail price and see comparable offers. Just like I have done before I set the value and post. Noting I usually have the lowest priced offer helps when haggling over price.
Level 1
thanks for the tips.
i would suggest making sure that the sales item can be seen clearly for what it is. i really dislike having to click on an item to even see what it is.
And I may only be curious about what the strange thing is, but OfferUp often generates autimatically a message to the seller saying that i am interested.

Level 1
So so true what you just said I am a proof of how good picture is priceless. Thanks.
Level 1
I agree that natural light is best! I like to sharpen and brighten my pictures, using an app called Photoshop Express. It makes a HUGE difference, because you want your items to look colorful & stand out from the rest. I also turn all of my pics vertical, even if it's a horizontal item, so they display bigger on the site. The horizontal pics are so small! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Level 5

Thanks.

I just saw a post for a table saw. The single picture shows about two square feet of a rusty table and so dark that it is hardly recognizable. No picture of the whole thing and no mentioning of brand, model, age and condition.

Send that guy your tips, will you?

Level 1
Thanks for sharing! Hadn’t thought of some of these..