I just got scammed.. Can someone help me?

Level 1

I recently ordered Iphone xr.. the payment was through offerup since I trust the buyer's protection. However, I just received the item few min ago and it is not Iphone xr... they sent some deodorant.. I tried to report it but it says I can't file a report unless the item is received.. But I clearly received it.. What would I have to do...?? 

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager

Hi there @baikbecky - welcome to the community. It's possible that the system hasn't updated yet that the item was delivered. You have 2 more days to open the Buyer Protection claim, so my best advice is to see if it is marked as delivered later today or in the morning. You should be able to open a claim using this link, as well Smiley Happy

Level 1

bought an item and turns out to be a replica or duplicate. I have sent photos and no reply from the team, Can someone help me to get my refund. How long does it take to get a refund 

Community Manager

Hi there, @sgan - I'm not able to locate an open case with our Payments team, unless you reached out on a different account. You can reach out to them again here.

Level 1

@Kris is the account 

Level 1

Thank you so much for your help. I was able to submit the buyers protection report. I am now waiting for your team's response! I hope this gets solved.. What frustrates me more is that the buyer is still selling the same thing.. I am just afraid other people will get scammed as well... I rated the buyer and reported him but nothing happened. He is selected as TruYou so I am sure people think he is reliable.. 

Level 3
That’s just low as can get are we getting people from Craigslist on here now?