Just about done with this

Level 1

I have got to say that I am just about done with this app. I am sick and tired of people not having to account for their actions. They don't show up when planned then expect you to DROP what you are doing a week later and meet them at their convenience then report you if you don't bow down to their request.  Example, I was supposed to meat someone last Friday evening.  She never showed or contacted me as planned. Last night at 11 pm she tells me she wants to meet me first thing this morning. what?  No. I'm done. There should be a way to rate people you don't sell to so,that people are held accountable for their lack of common courtesy. Sure, you can report them but they have no idea who reported them and why. Neither does any other seller on here so they have to deal with the same crap. I am not lying when I say that I have had at least 50 people flake on me and I'm just sick of it.OfferUp needs to find a better way to let other potential seller know when someone is a constant offender because the system they have in place now is not working. 

Tags (2)
18 REPLIES 18
OfferUp employee

@Sflasusie Thanks for being honest! And thanks for feeling safe enough here and confident enough to vent out your frustrations. We do have some amazing new features coming up, so I am very sad to see you go. If there's anything else I can do to help ease your mind, or give you advice, please let me know. 

Tags (1)
I do agree that people should be booted off of valid complaint. I drove 2 hrs to see this truck and person cancels last minute. Same person. Twice now.
I just reported someone. Horrible experience. Twice now with this person. Drove 2 hrs to see truck and cancels. They should be booted off
Level 1
You can block them and report them also ... I had that done twice to me ...
Level 3
Yes it is extremely frustaing when things don't go smoothly, one thing I always keep in mind is that there might be a good chance things WILL go wrong!! Accept that and your halfway to solving the problem. The other is that if the buyer doesn't keep their end of the deal, don't sweat it, stuff happens ok it might be intentional or it might not. We don't know for sure so now you hold the baton, now if they're still interested in your product they must conced to your whims. Make them meet you at your time place and convience, now if they diss you again just ignore them or block them and that's it! Don't let things beyond your control bother you so much. Do your best be honest and crucially fair with others that way you can honestly tell yourself that you did the right thing. Smile more and let's be great full for all of our blessings!!
Tags (2)
Level 9
My general rules are
1) meetup within 5 miles
2) must reply the day of the meeting and let me know when they’re on the way
3) if they change time twice I politely tell them I’m moving on

I have had so many people flake on me so many times, but since I stick to my rules I never had one bad experience in person. I think I’ve lost a bunch of selling and buying opportunities but unfortunately there are still too many irresponsible people out there. Kinda sucks to be like this but at the same time I’d rather not waste my time. Hopefully whatever new features are in the works will help combat this problem
Tags (3)
Highlighted
Level 3

I tell them, "When you're at so and so intersection, give me a call,I'll go out there and meet you". If they don't show there and don't call you, you don't waste your time driving out somewhere and you'll know if they're serious.

Level 3

You can also ask them to send you their phone number to see if they're serious. People hardly ever do this,unless they want the item!

OfferUp employee

@sc2dave We really don't encourage this. It's always best to keep all communication between you and the other member within the app. Smiley Happy