Make more sales with one simple change!

Level 5

Level 6

@RevKaelene

What an awesome prelude to the answer.

Level 6

@RevKaelene  Can't remember where I saw your most interesting post regarding your parents being caretakers of the great Winchester Mystery House.   The history behind that house is most facinating.  Rumors soared about Sarah due to her reclusive bahvior.  Some didn't know if she simply wanted to keep local carpenters employed, or if she was tormented by demonic spirits thinking she could someone confuse or baffle them by creating staircases to doors that led nowhere.  Sarah Winchester the widow of Henry Winchester who co-owned the Winchester Rifle company with his father Oliver.  Both Oliver and Williams died within a year of one another.  Her wealth came from her 50% stake in the company.  At the time she bought that house, it only had 8 rooms.  When Sarah died in her San Jose mansion while visiting in 1922, it had 47 fireplaces, 40 bedrooms, 40 staircases, including several that led to a hole or into a wall, 17 chimneys, 13 bathrooms, six kitchens, three elevators, two basements and one shower.

Something about that place, makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck! How long were your parents there, and how did they come to have such an interesting job?  The house was sold to a man in 1933 that was given tours of the home shortly after Sarah died.   Now it is a regular tourist attraction with the Winchester Gun Museum nearby.  I have only seen photos of it, and have never been there myself.  

I am a huge antiques lover, and admire old architecture.   Where I live was established in the late 1880's, and we have a historical section of town that have old homes that are well preserved.

Level 2
😂 lol
Level 2
Super interesting, I could read about this subject all day...
Level 6

Hey @NiceStuff, I think @RevKaelene and @NiceStuff should write a book. They both have such a beautiful flow to their writing.

I've always tried to make my items look the correct size by putting something in it or standing by it as that seems to help especially with furniture and things like that. And if it's wooden furniture or glass give it a good dusting and wash the glass.
Level 6

Hello @SueP, Thanks for sharing. 

Welcome to our OfferUp community. Wishing you all the best with OfferUp. Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for the advice. I never put that much thought into exactly how appealing the pics were. I will be working on that here shirtly.
Great ideas, also I can not figure why people don't clean a item to make it look more presentable. May be just me, but I try to have things look nice, or as nice as I can.