My post keeps getting removed!

Tried posting a honda scooter for sale and it keeps getting removed because I didnt pay some kind of fee for posting I'm unaware of. Ive sold quite a few things on offer up and never had this issue. I have NOT sold any cars in months.

"Hi DVz,
Although most things can be sold on OfferUp for free, there are fees to post some items. There is a fee to post Honda Scooter 1986. We have removed your post because you did not pay the required fee. Please make sure you have downloaded the most current version of the OfferUp app so that you are aware of all associated fees prior to posting. It's important to remember that if you don't pay these fees, even by mistake, your listings may be removed. Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to dispute this decision, you can respond to the this email.

Thank you for being part of the OfferUp community!"

I dont get it I downloaded the newest version of the app as well.
4 REPLIES 4
Level 9
Reply back to the email and ask them to clarfiy.

Edit:

A quick search gave me this https://community.offerup.com/t5/Everything-Autos/Why-charge-me-5-to-post-a-vehicle/m-p/48913/highli...
I replied back to the email but it wasn't a vaild address. Is this a new thing on offer up as far as charging for automobile sales?
Level 9
I'm not sure myself, but @factsdontcare seems to know more about it.

I assume it has something to do with weeding out the spamming and scamming that seems to happen in the auto section.

Essentially to have a "papertrail" of some sort to verify and moderate valid sellers.

Edit:

Did a quick Google and apparently even Craiglist introduced this back in April

"Craigslist is a haven for the car-obsessed. The site's car buying and selling section is a simple, easy way to find cool cars for sale, or sell a car without fuss. In the 20-plus years of the site's existence, the service has been free, whether you were buying or selling a car, truck, or anything else. Well, that's about to change. Starting April 15th, 2019, Craigslist will now implement a $5 fee to list a car or truck for sale.

No official announcement has been given, though if you frequent the used car classifieds, you can probably think of a few reasons. Spam listings and shady ads often pepper search results, making it hard for people to actually find what they're looking for. People will sometimes even repost an ad daily to ensure it's always at the top of search results. And while Craigslist might seem like a simple webpage, it still takes people and servers to run, and that costs money."

@Dvz2 

@Dvz2 wrote:
Tried posting a honda scooter for sale and it keeps getting removed because I didnt pay some kind of fee for posting I'm unaware of. Ive sold quite a few things on offer up and never had this issue. I have NOT sold any cars in months.

"Hi DVz,
Although most things can be sold on OfferUp for free, there are fees to post some items. There is a fee to post Honda Scooter 1986. We have removed your post because you did not pay the required fee. Please make sure you have downloaded the most current version of the OfferUp app so that you are aware of all associated fees prior to posting. It's important to remember that if you don't pay these fees, even by mistake, your listings may be removed. Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to dispute this decision, you can respond to the this email.

Thank you for being part of the OfferUp community!"

I dont get it I downloaded the newest version of the app as well.

Have you posted the scooter for sale in the past, archived the ad, and re-create the the same scooter ad so that it appears on the top of the feed? If so, every time you do this, it counts as 1 vehicle ad.

If you have NEVER done the above, make contact with OU support (refer to the below links).

https://mobile.twitter.com/offerupsupport?lang=en
https://offerup.com/support/contact-us/

If you do not receive an appropriate reply, file a complaint with the FTC, where it will make a difference, unlike the BBB or Yelp.