Now it says shipping options are UPS for $8, $12 & $40 ??

Level 5

Hi, why do those above mentioned shipping options now say UPS instead of USPS? I have mailed over 100 packages over the last few months, all through USPS and everything has been perfect. We don't have that option anymore except for $5 1st class?? 

60 REPLIES 60
Level 9
Oh my god! It does. I wouldn't have noticed this at all.

I cant do ups as it is a far drive to drop off packages. What in the world? No notice? Have I shipped ups packages usps, I am not even sure.

@Mj_206 please help, is this an error???
Level 9
. I just shipped a package 10 mins ago, label printed last night it was usps.
This is so confusing

In the shipping procedure info section, it even still states packages are shipped usps. Is this company so backwords that they dont even update THEIR own information

I am beyond frustrated. Angry. Infact. Once again, offerup has created more confusion and error that they do not know how to fix. What happens to those that ship usps as normal with a ups label? Those labels would not be scanned for days awaiting rerouting to ups or return to sender. The sales would be auto canceled even when enroute to buyers. Will offerup provide help? As shown in the past, nope. "Sorry it didnt work out" is the response. Are we YET AGAIN, so undervalued as sellers who PAY them a fee? Yes. Are we supposed to be psychics and forsee these subtle sneaky changes EVERY MONTH. if this is not an error, I am out. No new listings. No shipping fees paid to offerup. My items can sit here or sell elsewhere because even if I adjust a price for a fair offer, shipping will auto change to ups.
Level 5
Really? Yeah this is confusing. I printed out a label but it was first class 15 oz usps. 😕
Level 5
I think they changed it this morning. I was listing records yesterday and it was all usps
Level 9
This hurts my pocket. In turn, this will hurt offerups pockets. We cant even get sellers to stick it outside for pickup, now they have to go to ups locations to drop off. My distaste for offerup is at its peak.
Level 5

It looks like we are not going to get any answers or info. on this change here on the forums. I will message Offerup and ask them whats going on and why the change and when they get back to me I will post what their response is. 

Level 9
Agreed,day 2 and not one response even from other sellers. I did tweet ou support yesterday
No reply. I will be sharing this info on all sellers forums and youtube. Im ticked. Changes are one thing, these subtle sly changes are another. Not even an update to their OWN shipping policies. Still states usps as carrier. Ridiculous how this company is operating
In my tweet I screenshot your topic header question as well. They must see that its a forum post also
Level 5
I am with you on that! Why are they being hush hush about it? There must be a lot of other seller/shippers out there that need to know about this. A lot of them will be going to usps and dropping packages in the box as usual without being aware that they needed to be dropped off elsewhere. This is going to be a huge mess. I have my packages scanned in person so I have receipts but not everyone does it that way.
They need to tell us what’s going on! I will post their reply here when it comes. Uugghh.
Level 9
That is more of my point. How will they take responsibility when items are not scanned? They will refund buyer automatically and sellers are out money and product. Its ONE letter difference in ups and so easily missed. These carrier contracts take time, it wasnt overnight. And yet.... no notice. They will probably suspend my account, but i have sat silently with several other SURPRISE changes. I will leave listing as is, if they print ups even though existing listings were usps, i will cancel the sale. Not sure yet how it effects previous listings but in the past, although agreement upon listing was one thing, it changed the terms as well for listings prior to changes. Thats what gets me.
This is my business and although offerup is only a side hustle in terms of sales, Overall this impacts how i do business
Even down to packaging costs. Usps boxes are free. Im enrolled to receive free usps tape also and this allows me to sell for a few dollars less than I otherwise would.

All impacts with zero regard.