Now it says shipping options are UPS for $8, $12 & $40 ??

Community Manager

Hey guys - sorry I haven't posted anything about this yet. I have been out sick, but let me look into this and get back to you guys ASAP.

Level 5
Thank you MJ! I hope you feel better soon!
Level 3
If UPS is the only option for items over 1lb then I guess I won't be using Offer up for shipping. Definitely need this clarified or corrected soon.
Level 5
Yep. This is going to make it inconvenient and difficult for us sellers.
Level 9
@JBonilla thank you for your input. The only way to have our concerns voiced is to keep this post in the forefront. Otherwise, this cycle of unknowns will just continue
Hopefully, someone will listen, but doubtful.
Level 9
Twitter supplied a copy & paste response requesting a "specific case" concern. Ummm okay, they didnt even bother to read it
I still can't figure out why we have to use a different platform for customer support. Why arent they responsive on their own platform. Are tweets monetized somehow?

@RevivalGypsy wrote:
Twitter supplied a copy & paste response requesting a "specific case" concern. Ummm okay, they didnt even bother to read it
I still can't figure out why we have to use a different platform for customer support. Why arent they responsive on their own platform. Are tweets monetized somehow?

1. Customer support via Twitter is cheaper than handling customer inquiries "in-house". A Twitter response for OfferUp costs probably $1/each (in-house would be at least 2x that amt).

2. Twitter posts can reach mutliple users at the same time, which is efficient for those experiencing the same problem.

3. The short conversations force the users to effectively communicate the problem(s).

Level 5
Oh that’s awesome. 🙄 I sent mine through OU help through the app. Maybe they will give an actual real response through here? I hope so. I will keep you posted.
Level 9
I am sure that you are correct in terms of tweets made public. A twitter private message would be the same as an email response though. Either way, it is still a non-response as far as I am concerned
The employees are likely unaware of changes also, as per usual, and probably have never shipped a package ever. I have not decided if I should continue with first class only shipping items or just do all local pickups. Paying fees to a company with no real policies in place seems silly. I never condone off app payments but may just redirect my sales to other platforms for shipping. I've had enough. Still torn with this decision
Level 9
@factsdontcare sorry forgot to tag