OfferUp needs to add “Buyer Reliability” ratings

SOLVED
Level 9
This happen to me on many occasions, Buyer was inquires products, after we have long texting back and forward, and we all come to agreements date, times, place to meet up using OfferUp Calendar Events arrangements Locally pick up. We both confirm the meeting for two day advances. I'm doing everything posible within the Ou's app so that meeting tooks place. It was wasted of my times, resources on both plans out the meeting up two day ahead of time. How can OfferUp hold buyers responsible for this magnitude, bidding for items not intended to buy is NOT any legal excuse. I know OfferUp hold high standards for Seller/Buyer alike. Until OfferUp Teams had this buyer and seller agreements down good, this set up for failures in the future for Buying/Selling on the OfferUp app. What my suggestion is on Meet Up Calender, using in app, is to inform both party that meeting will tool place half hour before thru emails confirmation. If neither party is not reponding to emails then a texts alert send to their phone. I know people didn't want to be bother but buyer took times looking, message, confirm meeting committed to bidding on intend purchase it fair to be notified this could happens OfferUp side NOT SELLER. Ou's had all info on file. If Buyer fails three time there, it should be tag# Rated reviews on their profile let their people aware. The same things with Seller. We small business owner very depends buyer are trustworthy on this feature so wr run business selling on OfferUp app. Thank you for taking into consideration.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

@StevenY @cyclomatic And we love all of you for bringing ideas like this to us Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES 7
Community Helper

I like this idea @StevenY. I like it a lot. And although we may not all agree on methods of improvements, I applaud the ideas and activity you bring to the forum. Thinking, expressing, sharing and encouraging feedback with positivity! This is what the Community Forums are designed for.

Level 9
Thank you @ cyclomatic. We all could needs the trustworthy, responsibility, and reliability from both Buyer and Seller and OU's platform for everyone benefits buying and selling. Got love this OU's app bring everyone together alike.
OfferUp employee

@StevenY @cyclomatic And we love all of you for bringing ideas like this to us Smiley Happy

Level 9
Thank you @Elin, We do care about OU's platform for everyone benefits buying and selling on OfferUp app without this app, I wouldn't know what to do with all my stuffs. Thank you for everyone at OU's Team put alot times, effort, thought into this app and make it easy, and better for us everyday. They have create such power apps many of us had benefits from it.
Level 3
I agree I think Cellars sometimes might be quick to pull the trigger on somebody who's just not a really good communicator. but if texts are going back and forth and somebody's just playing games they should be called out and tagged. Kind of like The Scarlet Letter. however all they have to do is start another email address and they are off doing their deeds.
I do agree that there should be some sort of rating system that actually works and alerts people and they can ignore people that have been multiple##nosho tags on their profile. I believe that if they get enough people that give them a positive review if they do show up then they could remove those tags. Mistakes do happen and they should be able to clear up their name if they were just mistakes. But I've wasted multiple hours dealing with people not showing up. I don't give my address out until people are on their way. I have all my stuff in my business so I can't just meet in a parking lot somewhere.
What I would like to do is be able to ban or block some of these buyers without having to go through a process of rating them. Some people are just jerks from the get-go and if I can block them without giving them a rating or telling why it would be great.

Well I have alot of them I'm trying to get rid of I'm letting them go for $10 a pack 14 comes in a pack 4 packs comes in a box
Highlighted
Level 9

Buyer Reliability Ratings. I think we should have it for both Buyer and seller. It would show how many no shows there is. Bet a lot of it would stop. Sounds like a great plan.