Paying through app when selling locally?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
Should I accept someone wanting to pay through app when purchasing a high ticket item from me locally. I understand that its safer for the cash holder, but how do I get paid? Is money released automatically? Can they dispute? Help. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Marianys 

If this is for a local/pick-up transaction, avoid the OU payment, as there are no upsides for the seller. OU will take their percentage, and the payment is NOT immediate (more than 1 biz day...does not include Sat/Sun). If the buyer hesistates, choose your local bank branch as  the meeting location, especially if the payment is in $100 bills, as you can deposit the funds immediately to check for conterfeit bills and don't have to walk around will lots of cash afterwards.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Helper
If they use hold for pickup, it will be deposited into the bank account that you have setup prior on Offerup. I dont think they can dispute it since it's a local sale, but I could be wrong.

@Marianys 

If this is for a local/pick-up transaction, avoid the OU payment, as there are no upsides for the seller. OU will take their percentage, and the payment is NOT immediate (more than 1 biz day...does not include Sat/Sun). If the buyer hesistates, choose your local bank branch as  the meeting location, especially if the payment is in $100 bills, as you can deposit the funds immediately to check for conterfeit bills and don't have to walk around will lots of cash afterwards.