Scammers

SOLVED
Neighbor
How do we report suspected scammers?
Community Helper
There should be a flag at the top of the messages or their profile. Hit that.
Level 1
Omg! That same exact scam happened to me last week. Im so green to how they operate. And I was so embarrassed when i went to bank with the check. I had a strange feeling from beginning and I should have went with the gut.
Level 1
Omg! That same exact scam happened to me last week. Im so green to how they operate. And I was so embarrassed when i went to the bank with the check. I had a strange feeling from the beginning and I should have went with the gut.
Community Helper
Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum
@Msewell
Appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Community & GLTU👍😊
Level 3
I have been selling (and buying..) on Offer Up for a while now, I continue to get requests from buyers with new profiles (and no purchase/sell history) stating that they are looking at one of my sell items for someone else (Father, Spouse, Uncle) and asking me to either directly communicate with that 3rd person by email or by phone! As sellers, We can never be careful enough. As a buyer, I am constantly advising sellers to not be so quick to give out their Home address and meet buyers at their home alone! I am posting my comments because I just had "Mary Cage" do the 3rd party redirect, Sellers Beware!
A man named Mike was going to buy one thing, made an offer for something else then asks if he can buy something else for half the asking price to have a sweet deal. I said no after taking the 5 bill and he swears he gave me a 20 put he didn't. Fast talker but scammed me. Didn't want to argue anymore so just told him karma will justify it all in the end. I just hate that I was dropped.
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community
forums @Gardengal!
stick with the
KARMA belief, helps me too!
I have been hacked on my accout
Level 1
Is there anyway someone can link a fake card to your site or use fake digital currency and the seller not get paid? I have a buyer who offered the full $450 for my Nintendo switch but they just joined this month and have no stars. They have a Facebook, email and phone all linked. My question is, if I ship it, is there any way I get screwed out of the money or is offerUp going to make sure I get paid?