Seller/buyer protections - what about scammers?

Neighbor
Is he from NC?
Level 3
I'd like to know what happens if a buyer files a chargeback on their credit card and wins? Who takes the loss, Offerup or the seller? This is what seller protection is needed for. This type of scam runs rampant on Ebay for Apple products. People claiming they received an empty box, a different phone, a knock-off, something wrong with it (buyer's remorse) for new, sealed box items. I've had a guy hounding me to ship a $600 laptop which isn't shippable anyway due to the price and which can be found for the same price on Ebay. Something doesn't smell right.
And most people do not have the time or resources to record a video of themselves packing the item, labeling the box and driving to the post office to hand it over the counter. Nor would it help at all in the previous scenarios.
Community Manager

@Penelope89 OfferUp would take the loss. We investigate each and every chargeback we receive, and OfferUp takes the loss. If a seller sends an item, and the buyer does a chargeback, we would not even be able to take the funds back from the seller, so we eat the costs. This is another thing that shows that there is seller protection built into the flow.

Level 1
Man i need help i too was scammed on offer up i paid through venmo because i believed the offer seller was trustworthy since he was a truyou member as well as had 5 stars i need help what do i do ?
Level 6
Sorry to hear that @Bricio but unfortunately you made transaction outside OU system so you will not be qualified for refund. I think best OU support can do is block the seller from future business with current account.
Level 1
**bleep** really i mean offer up can’t help at all ? not even a half refund i mean the item was listed as sold towards me so i really can’t qualify for nothing ?
Community Manager

If a third party app was used, you would be subject to their terms @Bricio. As no funds were processed using OfferUp, we wouldn't be able to provide this sort of refund. 

Level 6
@Bricio have you contacted and opened case with Venmo since fund transfer was executed from Venmo apps?
Level 1
so i have to contact venmo ?
Level 1
but no I have not contacted venmo