Seller/buyer protections - what about scammers?

Level 6
It never hurts to try, but venmo doesnt protect for the sale of goods. It is designed for friends/family transfers. You should attempt it though.
Level 1

I would never trust offer up for shipping..you all are crazy

Level 1

gimmi a break the scammer could add weight to fool usps

they could even put an old worthless shoes in the box..

anyone shipping with offer up is nutz

Level 3
I just bought a doll wardrobe and a doll the seller lied saying that the product was very well taken care of, when checking the wardrobe is broken and the damaged paint the doll has many spots I received it on Friday at 4 I wanted to make my claim but this moment I could not because it says that the package has not been received, the worst thing is that I have a charge to my card with the same Id number of the closet and the doll but that is from a computer a purchase that I did not make
Level 2
I Had a buyer that was interested in my (2)12" JL Audio In a sub enclosure worth about $400 and he wanted to trade me his "12 subs and an amplifier. When we did the trade I was unable to test his subs and amp due to lack of space from doing food shopping with my family. I got so when I got home and finally had time to test the subs and the amplifier come to find out the subs were completely burnt as well as the Amplifier. After multiple times trying to get in contact with him and him answering and agreeing to meet up with me to exchange the speakers and the amplifier he was a no-show.
Level 2
I think a buyer has a three day protection from a purchase. Cuz I just sold and sent out the package to the buyer and I got paid when the buyer was happy with the product. By any chance that you passed the 3-day protection
Level 2
The following issues are covered when bought and shipped through OfferUp:

Seller fails to ship the item
There was undisclosed damage to the item
An item is incorrect or missing
The item received is not as described
If the item isn’t shipped within 6 days of payment, the buyer's payment may be canceled. Their funds will be returned to the account or card originally used. It may take 3-5 business days for the funds to return to the buyer’s account or card.

The buyer's payment is held until the transaction is complete. The transaction is considered complete if no buyer protection claim is made within a 3-day period after item delivery. At that point, the payment is released to the seller.

Once the payment has been released to the seller, all sales are final and no refunds will be issued.
Level 3
the purchase was by shipment, which is supposed to be covered by the offerup guarantee I am waiting for the response of some offerup member, I am also concerned about the extra charge using this same Id number but of a different object
Community Leader
When we can ship the item after the fee on your account? I am new at Offer up
Level 3
I do not send by offer only to local purchases but my daughter likes american girl dolls that was the reason why I wanted to try to buy with shipping but unfortunately it is not a good option