Seller dosent respond

Level 1

Ive done EBay for years,  I have also done Craigslist, Let go, and facebook and was hoping this app would be different but its not.  I have been texting a seller since Sunday, its Wednesday night now, and I havent heard a word from the seller.  Either sell or remove the item or at the very least have the courtesy to decline an offer.  

29 REPLIES 29
OfferUp employee

Hey @HMet1, I'm sorry for that experience. Like @Hotrod said though, you would hope they would get back to you but sometimes that just isn't the case sadly. Everyone is different though. Make sure you choose to interact with people who have good ratings and success stories. Please let me know how I can help with anything else in the meantime. There are also some amazing tips on our Tips blog if you ever want to take a peek here

I get the same thing Seller won't respond after you ask them where to meet to buy the item. It's freak'in ridiculous! Going back to Craigslist because Offer up sucks!!!
OfferUp employee

@KrystalKlear65 Sorry you feel that way! What can we do to make it better? We are working on many different ideas for people who don't respond after a long period of time. 

Level 1
Hi, hey I'm right there with you my friend. Just this past week alone, 3 sellers 3 different posts this past week either completely ignored me or replied at first then stopped. I, like you, messaged daily & 2 nothing at all & 1 agreed to meet but quit replying to my requests where to meet. Extremely frustrating. I never had this problem on Ebay.

Why do people post items then when they get a legit offer, they either ignore my messages or reply at first, then quit responding. Isn't it easier to either tell me it's sold or take it down. .
I definitely agree 100%....I have messaged a person on several occasions over the past month atleast once a week and still haven’t heard back and that gets annoying especially this type of app like Letgo is supposed to be a sell or buy quick and move on type deal....yeah well.....its just irritating....
again I agree with you....if its sold take it down....if your selling something check it often to see if you have an offer...common sense is really not that hard...or is it? lol
I say if a seller doesn’t respond after a day and people keep complaining about them then I say suspend them for a period of time and if that doesn’t work then delete them all together....atleast Craigslist has flagging for that purpose and people to look at the flagged post to see if there is a warrant to flag that particular post...just a thought....
I have found an item on here that I want really bad also. I have sent them several messages over the past 3 weeks with no response. Is there a way and administrator or somebody can call them and tell them someone wants their item they evidently don't look it offer up on a daily or weekly basis like some of us do

I think if they don't respond within a day then they really don't want to sell their item