Sneaky scammers

SOLVED
Level 1
Beware of anyone offering you a trade plus cash offer to then present an link as such rebrand.ly/offer08410 it will redirect you to an mirror page called xlmfs.xyz that is only accessed through the short custom url . It shows a fake offerup login page that is designed to log your user and password. No doubt to scam people using your account. The person that did so was named William with no identification confirmation and no offers on the market.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

This happened to me. I knew the link looked weird so I didn’t click on it. I responded that I don’t trade. 

5 REPLIES 5
Level 4

This happened to me. I knew the link looked weird so I didn’t click on it. I responded that I don’t trade. 

Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community
@Joseph85!
Appreciate the heads-up, however, per OfferUps' TOS/Guidelines links are prohibited to post on the OU Community or app for users safety. Ty!
Level 1
I took away the w3 so it would not register as a link, but I feel it is important to know what to look out for so no ones account is being abused by these scammers.
Level 9

@Joseph85  It’s amazing how scammers do what they do. Man! If they put that energy into something good they would be rich. All that effort to rob and cheat. If your smart enough to do that, you would think if you put that energy into something positive you would go places.

Level 9

I hate the sneaky scammers!