Staying Safe on OfferUp

Community Manager

Hope everyone is having a great week!

There are always amazing tips on staying safe here in these forums, but this time our very own @thisisflea posted a detailed blog on staying safe

Staying safe on OfferUp — the dos and don’ts of online marketplace transactions

Go check it out and let us know what you think! Cat Very Happy

4 REPLIES
Level 2
How can I find confirmation that I bought item on offerup? I bought item from the guy he rated me and I rated him but I need confirmation for another person that I bought item from offerup.
Level 1
Thank you.
Level 10! You're a 10!
@Keeyabrianna Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the OfferUp Community forum,

Keeyabrianna When you get some time check out some threads with topics being discussed., share some of your opinions and experiences., pass around some kudos., maybe you could even start your own threads with interesting topics you haven’t see being discussed in other threads., just do a quick search to find out if you’re the first on the topic you want to start., also if you want someone to respond to you put this @ in front of their usernames like I did to your username above. Hope to see you around the forum. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Level 1

Ive been ripped off on this app already and I just joined.  The person agreed to ship on payment, they wanted cash from a 'cashapp' app.  I knew that was not safe, and thought it was odd to not accept the payment through this app, so I said I would only do paypal. 

Well they deleted the account as soon as I paid through paypal and now i have to go through the pain in the **bleep** claims process.  so I guess buyer beware on this app. 

I would only do business with someone verified by the trueyou thing and also that has a review.