Still removing my posts

SOLVED
Level 4

Almost every time I post my items at least one gets removed. This have been going on for weeks. I’ve never gotten a clear answer as to why. I’m not breaking any rules or guidelines. I’ve read them a hundred times. They just send a generic email saying I don’t follow guidelines or whatever. OfferUp really needs to get better about it. I suggest sending an actual description of exactly why the post was removed and what was wrong etc. “prohibited items” and “not following post rules” is not descriptive enough. All the staff I’ve talked to says it must have been a mistake. Seems like they are making way too many mistakes. Just an idea. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

@_Rachel_ 

If you are still noticing your items getting removed, try changing up the description so that it isn't so similar to your other posts, and see if that helps. 

BTW - your items are SUPER adorable!

9 REPLIES 9
Community Manager

Hi @_Rachel_! It looks like some of your items are being removed for including links in the description. Go ahead and take the links out, and you should be ok!

Level 4
I did remove the links from those ones. I have had many posts with no links taken down. Just had one taken down 2 days ago with no links in it. Thanks
Level 6

@_Rachel_ 

Until OfferUP makes money on every single one of your listings (hint...listing fees), you will not receive the level of customer service that you have described.

It's a free app and you need to be realistic about the expectations as well as many others on this forum.  In short, it costs lots of $$$ to provide even minimal customer serice. This is why even some companies like Squarespace are scaling back and no longer provides phone support (even removed their ph# from the website).

Level 4
@Lapua makes sense, thanks! Just making note of things I’ve noticed about the app. It’s not really a big deal. My posts getting removed a lot is the only real issue I have even with the app. 😊
Community Manager

@_Rachel_ 

If you are still noticing your items getting removed, try changing up the description so that it isn't so similar to your other posts, and see if that helps. 

BTW - your items are SUPER adorable!

Level 4
@Mj_206 thanks that’s usually what I do and it usually works
Level 4
Hey maybe you had something that was counterfeit on there. Maybe a fake pair of jeans. or maybe you were hated on by somebody that was just trying to mess with you. That's why I don't leave my real name on the account I use an alias
I had a listing removed as well. The email said I couldn’t sell intangibles, but it’s a tablecloth... I’m so confused.
Level 4
@Mj_206, Mj, The last 7 new items I have posted, never posted! I even posted a new item this morning, and it didn't post either. I checked through every single post on OfferUp, and Not One of my items is even listed. Could you please give me a phone number to the management company on OfferUp in my email, so I can Please call them, to to see what the problem is? I understand you are unable to help me, so I need to speak with management. Thank you and God bless you!
Sincerely,
Mari 832