Stop wasting time on browsers and no shows!

SOLVED
Level 3
As far as the checks go i beleive if there are two checkmarks it means they have clicked on it, usually indicating having read your text. Its nice to have this information especially since we dont always get an acknowledgement.
Community Helper
@Sherry13--That's correct. Within the OfferUp app, if a message has 2 check marks that means the other person has read the message. Helpful when seeing if your messages are being received/read. Thank you!!
Level 1
I've only barely started listing items, and it seems to me there are waaaayyyy more browsers than buyers.

ok,It's ok, I browse too... but the approach of, ARE YOU READY TO BUY, will separate the cream from the water... for sure.

Thank you
Highlighted
Level 1
I am so tired of all the slackers low ballers and out right fakes. Van they read? Like you I put price firm in big letters I put no charger, they ask do you have a charger and will you take less?! I feel it is really a waste of time for me to continue on this site!
Level 1
I am so tired of all the slackers low ballers and out right fakes. Can they read? Like you I put price firm in big letters I put no charger, they ask do you have a charger and will you take less?! I feel it is really a waste of time for me to continue on this site!
Level 1

Ugh. Didn't think about that it would mess up your reply rate. Definitely unfair to the seller. HOPEFULLY OfferUp will fix that, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (OfferUp itself seems to waste my time just like "no shows" do, such as me taking the time to report prohibited items but yet the listing isn't taken down, so I'm not optimistic they even care about fixing these sorts of things.) Good luck though! 

Level 1
I usually ask if they are ready to meet within the next few days as I will be going out of town on X day usually 2-3 days in the future. It is a little white lie but it serves two purposes. 1) it separates the buyers from the browsers and 2) motivates the actual buyers to agree on a time and place in the near future so the item and the purchase remains top of mind and is not as easily forgotten. I've sold 4 items just this past weekend employing this technique.
Level 1
Great suggestions. I am new in here and will be posting my things later. However I do sell on other platforms and hate the “is this item available” message. If it’s posted....it’s available.
Thank you! I've been getting frustrated with no shows and no responses, I appreciate the tip!
Level 1
I’m not sure I agree...completely. I’ve been that browser per se. I am looking for something specific, and it doesn’t fit what I need. If someone who is selling something doesn’t want to help me to decide, I wouldn’t want to purchase either. I treat everyone that inquires with the utmost respect. I will answer all questions happily. I worked in high end jewelry sales, and this action alone created a huge following. People who buy, want t feel confident. Trust me!