Stop wasting time on browsers and no shows!

SOLVED
Level 2
When a buyer contacts me with a bid I will accept, I simply say yes, when would you like to come pick it up? If I don't hear back, I know they are just browsing & either we make arrangements or I never hear back. That seems to work for me. I also take ample pictures from all directions & give a full & complete description to eliminate questions.
Tags (1)
Level 3

No one should wasted no one time..People shouldn't be rob when picking up items.Alot reports.....I'm going to start meeting people at Marion County sheriff office.

Level 2
I agree many people have no regard for other peoples time but that goes with the territory. You can eliminate alot of that thru communication with your buyers....times, dates, confirming the morning of, confirming you are leaving your house, ect.
Level 6

@BeachNana1  I agree that it is part of the territory.

Level 2
When they ask if it’s still available AND they what to BUY it I never hear from them again. I listened to what one person said and that, great. When do you want to pick it up didn’t work for me either
Level 2
Don’t they say your late then?
Level 10! You're a 10!
Hi @Sally1 everyone has there own way that works for them in different situations and areas. if I have a buyer that’s not responding I just sent this (?) if I don’t receive a response in one hour, I just move on to the next buyer and report the person for not responding. I always check people’s profile page to try and get a feel how the deal is going to pan out, if the person has no info because they are new, I usually use my gut feeling when messaging back and forth, but that’s totally up to every buyer and seller to decide. I found talking control of the meeting place and time you meet is part of the battle, yes give people the chance to pick their time works best for them, but also give the trolls and flakes the upper hand to pick a time that inconvenient for you, usually when your working or crazy times in the middle of the morning like 1: a m to 4:a m believe me I’ve had those conversations. Sally1
I respond with where I meet also, giving them a choice of time I’m available, then just go from there.
Level 6

I'm not affraid to block anyone, if they adka  unch of questions and then never ask for !y address, or offer a low-ball, I send them a message saying that they are now blocked, plain and simple.

Level 6

1 more thing I'll do when I get a low offer that's reasonable on items with little interest, I'll agree to their price but tell them only if they come and buy it within the next hour. This way I know if they are serious or not, too many times I said ok to low offers and fhey still never showed up keeping me trapped at home for days while they rescheduled their arrival, now I just block them after that hour passes.

Level 2

I think we can all agree we get those people that ask a million questions, talk you down & then maybe don’t respond & I found myself wondering the very same thing.  Or they ask if it’s still available, you say yes & you never hear from them again.  I will follow up 1 time only with those people & that’s it.  I have learned to be assertive (not aggressive) & specific with regard to a meeting place, time & day.  If it’s not that day then I make clear I cannot hold & have no problem telling people too many people don’t show, then I lose a sale.  If they don’t like it, well then they weren’t going to buy anyway, mark my words.  When I started, being a very reliable person, I didn’t understand it either, but there are people like that everywhere in life & will never understand why they do what they do, so keeping that in mind, I take each instance on an individual basis.  I myself have looked at items I wanted but was not ready to buy & told them so.  It’s unfortunate that everyone’s not that way, in fact many are not that way & we will never understand them.