Stop wasting time on browsers and no shows!

SOLVED
Level 3
I consider it a bit pushy if someone is insisting on having my address. I just come back with insisting that they tell me when they'll be in my area. That saves me from waiting and looking and waiting and wondering. When they actually get to my location they can message me and complete the transaction.
Level 3
I consider it pushy for them to continue to ask for my address. I just counter with insisting that they tell me when they can be in my area. That saves me from waiting and wondering and watching and waiting. When they get within minutes of my home they can message me and complete the transaction.
Level 2
i ask for pic of manufacturer's
tag ( underneath side of furniture) when offer included the ambiguous descriptive:
"leather." There is leather and there is imitation. The higher-end furnitur manufacturer's who use leather, have quality frames, etc., too. I move on if tag info isn't shown or is reported "missing" . Makes no diff hearing seller's purported place of purchase nor purchase price.
Level 2
What a great idea. I’m gonna use that. And anyone with class and half a brain will understand the motivation behind the question.
Level 2
Amen I had this one lady message me 4 different days asks a million and one questions. I answered every one every time. Tried to be as patient and understanding as possible she changed our meet up time 4 different times 4 different days and left me hanging with no responses. This past Sunday we were suppose to meet 1pm went to 3 pm then it went to o I'm so sorry I'm in jersey will you be up late I'll message you when I get home about 8pm. I really want these items and can you also bring etc....I would love to see that in person. So me being the sales person. I am say np waited around all Damm day only to feel like I was bothering her when I messaged her at 10 pm . Only for her to say my baby fell asleep on the couch I can't make it. I asked if the next day was ok to meet up I prob should have told her to go fly a kite. For some reason she felt the need to tell me about her while day. Well I had finally had it. I simply said are you sure we are going to meet tomr I a m very busy and don't have alot of extra time. It seems like every time we make plans to meet something happens. She blocked me lol told me I was rude and talking to her like she was and child. She wasted so much of my Damm time it's crazy I would never do that to someone. Ever if I make plans I stick with it I get sometimes things happen we can't control but 4 times 4 different days. She even got me to agree that I would walk 10 blocks further than I planned to just to make the sale to her.and not to mention someone else wanted to but the dress she begged me to hold and guess what I still have it. I'll never gold anything for someone again first come first serve. It's so frustrating I just don't get it.
Level 3
"What day and time will you arrive and buy?" and my cross streets have always been included in my 1st text message reply.
Level 3
Great answer, that way you are giving them some part of your general area. I’m just shocked by how many respond with “address”, no info on time or anything else. Ty!
Level 2
I agree most people do just type address. I usually give them the gas station a couple blocks away from my house. I don't drive so it's easier for me to just meet ppl there. I am too afraid to meet anyone at my house maybe on my corner if I had already met the person before hand. The problem I run into alot is that alot of people want me to deliver the items to them. If I drove and it was close enough I may do it but some of the places they want to meet are way to far away from me. So I try really hard to find somewhere in between and honestly they won't budge. I usually get a response like sorry I don't drive or too far and then when I try to say well I work here is that better or maybe we can meet here any ideas ? They never answer at all which is rude. The best part is that the same person will message me again about the same item about 3 or 4 days later. I think to myself I remeber you so you have to remeber me. They ask the same questions is this item for sale ...where are you located ....so I play along answer the questions and then after I give the location it's crickets. I can't with these people. I'm Super Super Busy It Is Really FRUSTRATIING But I Guess With Anything THERE Is Always Good AND Bad points. I have met some really nice people who show up on time and answer right away. Hope this helps.
Level 3
Thank you!
Level 3
I've been getting more and more browsers and time wasters even with this technique lately. :/