Stop wasting time on browsers and no shows!

SOLVED
Level 1
Ive been stood up several times now. I wasted my time moving items to the driveway then the time passes, no replies from the buyer.. for cripes sake, just text me that your not interested and i will move on.. im very leary about giving my address until the buyer is ready to leave their house.. how can you blast a no show buyer on offer up??? Now what ive started doing is giving a person sn hour to respond, if they dont i move to the next buyer. A lit of times its good but other times a real PITA..
Level 1
Great idea
Level 10! You're a 10!
Hi @K6fn If people don’t show up, you should report them via report button in their profile page. From my own experience I message buyers 1/2 hour before we meetup making sure they remember to show up. I’ve also started having the buyer message me when they arrive at my meeting place letting the buyer know I’m only two minutes away from the meeting place. and will head over at that time. I also message them when arriving at the location, It seems like unnessary thing but it works very effective for me because people may forget exactly where we planned to meeting.

Bottom line if people don’t show up as they promise, just go a head and report them with details of the incident to OfferUp. I’m sure someone will take care of your incident report.
Level 6

@K6fn...

The reality is that apps like OfferUp and LetGo are still around because many people find CL to be "difficult" and was non-phone friendly for many years. In essence, you are dealing with lazy people and the ease-of-use of the app is a double edge sword. It also makes it too simple to brush-off/ignore the messages and commitments without a thought, as it would be the same as not replying to an email..."out of sight, out of mind". (OF's messaging sysmtem is no different than an email exchange).

What I have found effective is the exchange of phone numbers. I am aware that OF frowns upon this idea, but it further opens up the level of communication and commitment to the transaction. BTW, CL allows and supports the idea of including contact numbers within their posts and HOW LONG HAS CL BEEN AROUND?

Tags (1)
Level 2
That's a great idea. I'm going to try that. Thank you
Level 6

Hello @ReneeJohn 

First, I see that you are a new member so allow me to welcome you to the offerup community. Wishing you all the best with offerup. Be sure to check out Pro Tips. There you will find info to help you along your path.

Secondly, I must say that obtaining phone numbers goes against offerup's best practices and guidelines. He said in his post that, "I am aware that OF frowns upon this idea".

Please be safe.... offerup has best practices and guidelines for a reason and that reason is protect you and for your safety.  

Level 6

@LapuaWhen in Rome, do as the Romans do and When in OF,  do as the OFs do.

Level 6

@Shupat...I do...there is nothing in TOS that indicates that exchanging phone numbers is prohibited, but only discouraged within the guidelines. If the exchange of phone numbers is a bannable offense, it would be specifcically indicated within the TOS, but it is not. In short, I am following the rules, as nowhere did I advocate adding phone numbers WITHIN the title and description of an ad, but WITHIN the messaging system, once a correspondence between the seller and buyer has been initiated.

Tags (1)
Level 6

@LapuaI appreciate your response and the clarity that you have provided.

Level 3

Woman Indifferent

Yeah I BEEN THERE OVER AND OVER BASICALLY ON A DAILY BASICALLY EVERY SINGLE DAY WITH MY SALES and AT THE END THEY DON'T SHOW,THEY KEEP ME WATING AND STOP ME FROM DOING SOME OTHER THINGS WORSE THEY'LL have NOT EVEN DECENTY TO CALL OR TEXT TO CANCELL APPT.