TIPS !!! Buyers Don’t Reply, Buyers Don’t Show Up & Low Ball Offers /Problem Solved!

SOLVED
Level 1
Thanks for the tips! I’m brand new to OfferUp and nervous about being scammed. I received my first offer for an item for full price (at 4 am). When I clicked on the profile of the buyer it says their account was deactivated. First name only. No other info. I’m thinking this person/offer is fake. What do you think? Needing some help to be smart. Thank you!
Level 9
Don Don't even bother with some one how had they account deactivated you going to get lot's of is till available and you reply and you never hear from them again, if you have firm prices just stick to it, and if your prices that are negotiable don't dropped to much, well you know what you paid, research the item make sure your prices are compatible and do Not meet anyone a Alone by yourself always have someone else with you at stoars with cameras malls police station and not after sunset, and make sure you have good picture and info on your items, you will still get people, asking for the size color .Happy selling
Level 1
Great Advise... Helps You Get Directly To The Point
You also need to watch out for haters selling similar items. They will have multiple accounts and report your legitimate post which offerup most likely will remove.

I have had a few accounts for this reason (not all at the same time) since I will follow the rules and someone will repeatedly report anything I post then after so many removals Offerup bans your account.

I have lost 100s of 5 star ratings in the last year because of this sort of behavior.
I bet if you said you were younger he would have met up lol jk!

I feel your pain.. I have gone to buy something and the person tell me where to go then sit there waiting and waiting while they kept pretending they were on their way until eventually they just stopped responding..

I sell a lot of electronics like phones and tablets.. I was robbed one time as well (never again!) I had two iphones I was selling and this person says they will buy them.. normally i dont deliver but it was on the way home from work.. I pull up to this house/address they provided and msg him.. he tells me he just went to the store around the corner and was walking back.. fibally he walks up and its a younger teenager and his friend.. i shoulda left then n there but figured im here now n w.e.. they asked to see the phones so i s
let him hold them as this is normal (usually ppl want to make sure they aregetting wats advertised) and these two thiefs started running super fast cutting through alleys and backyards.. they definitely had this all planned out.. there was no way i couldve caught them then they dissappeared probably into a house somewhere...

Now i do like the original poster does except not at my home.. they meet me where i want to meet and when.. i usually will knock 10$ offfor gas which helps convince the buyer if u dont feel like travelling..
haha my thoughts exactly.. if she said a lower number maybe he wouldve agreed to sell.. Scary though if this is the case.. A who knows how old man selling diapers to pregnant women so he could pick up on them?
Level 1
A good deal isn’t worth your safety.

*Please* change your profile to show a man’s picture and use a male or androgynous name. It’s not foolproof, but it will eliminate men who have ulterior motives.

You can always say your husband, BF, Dad asked you to handle the transaction.

And *never* disclose you’re pregnant! Pregnancy brings out the crazy in some people.
Level 9
I guess they don't want to sell the items it's their loss.
Level 1
Thank you for the advise. What you said about them not having money or tried to fool me. They went home empty handed.
Level 9
buyers think because they meeting you they think they could offer less that the seller is desperate wasting their time and your time.