The Folly of Goodwill Dollar Days

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 9
I've recently noticed a correlation between postings on OfferUp and Goodwill Dollar Days in my local area. A lot of people will swarm to the store and buy items for a dollar and then immediately left them on OfferUp. This seems like a brilliant plan but has a major pitfall, lot of these items don't sell. Something to consider is that if a large corporate retailer like Goodwill with brick-and-mortar locations and an online presence is having issues moving these items then that should be a red flag to be considered. Don't get me wrong getting items for a dollar is awesome but wasting money sucks. I advise people that choose to shop anywhere for products to resell to take a little time before you buy and do research. No reason you can't jump on the internet with the items already in your basket and see if they're selling or if they're just stagnating. With a little bit of research you can avoid the items that are a waste of money and find the high-dollar gems that will let you maximize the offer up platform to put cash in your pocket.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
Yep @Agapecer $1 days here in AZ is crazy lol, I’ve been on those days.
got some really great things. great advice Agapecer. 👍
6 REPLIES 6
Level 9
Didn't know this was a thing.

To second half agreed, do as much research as possible.
Level 9

Yeah, I don't know of this Goodwill Dollar Days that you speak of. I deal strictly with estate goodies and that keeps me researching constantly. 

Level 9
In Arizona about once a week Goodwill will reduce the price of a certain color tag to $1 normally after it's gone through a six-week sale cycle this is one of their tactics returning over inventory.
Community Helper
Yep @Agapecer $1 days here in AZ is crazy lol, I’ve been on those days.
got some really great things. great advice Agapecer. 👍
OfferUp employee

@Agapecer Thank you for sharing this advice Smiley Happy