Watch out

Highlighted
Level 1
If someone named "soloman"(obviously a fake name) from Spartanburg sc with an account created in September of this year, and no info or picture , messages you interested in your items, DO NOT interact with him. He doesn't pay, and steals the items. Just warning everyone!
9 REPLIES 9
Level 9
Unfortunately this sounds like a pretty typical scam but thanks for the heads up
L11
Level 9
@Kbd96, @Agapecer
So what's the deal? I came across this Watch Out topic & I have to ask myself what in the heck are these creeps doing? Recently had my pic copied from a different social platform...not the 1st time. I've noticed when selling on a sale sight within that social app...that there are lots of peeps using different pics & teaming up (especially in Houston)...with old cars...for sale. Anyway they have it down. Change user name, change pic, & bombard you with low-ball prices. I'm sure it happens everywhere. I'm just trying to hustle up $ to pay the Bill's & these jerks make it hard. So WATCH OUT for everything.
I've met some jerks but mostly I've sold to nice peeps. HooRah-made a sale today via O.U.
without having to go to other bogus sites.
O.U. is my preference, but it is difficult to sell smaller items.
That's my experience anyway. Thanks for heads up. Watch out for bombardment of a gang of different fake profiles with different names & pics. I truly believe it's very organized in attempts to low-ball. Know the value of what you sell & value the transaction.
@L11
Level 1
Yes! He got me good but I filed a police report so hopefully something's done
Level 1
I didn't think anything of it, he seemed really nice and trustworthy at first. Then he just grabbed my phone and took off. He was obviously high on something, i could tell and realized it after the fact. But I filed a police report, and reported him on here. He hasn't deleted his account yet. He called me from his sctusl cell number and then after her stole my phone, he proceeded to call me again from the same phone number. I know his first real name but can't figure out the rest to give police. It sucks but hopefully something is done.
L11
Level 9
@Kbd96
Gir! THAT S****S!
So sorry to hear this. Thanks again for heads up. Hope you all catch him. Enough of low lifes! You take care and I'm sure this is a hard one to learn from. Better luck in future endeavors. @L11
Level 1
I hope we catch him too! Thank you, you take care too!
L11
Level 9
@Kbd96
You too girlfriend! Good to meet you for what I try's worth. @L11
Level 1
Report them to OfferUp right away and/or block them.
Level 2
You should probably find a friend to set up another sale and try to get this same person to set up a meeting and have the police near the meet.