Weird Question About the My Offers Page?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Hey guys, now you know the little price tag option? The My Offers page part of the app. Well, I noticed that under one of my items, there are letters right underneath the item title and right above where it says Mark Sold. I didn’t know what they were at first, but it hit me as the first letters of seller’s usernames. I had two people contact me about my item. However, I see four letters instead of two. I’m asking what these letters mean because, as silly as it might sound, I’m hoping I’m not losing out on potential sellers because I can’t see their messages? Also, I know when someone is asking you about the item you’re selling, but how do you know when someone has made you an offer? Let me know! Many thanks! Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
For the first question, they may have blocked you or you blocked them. Either could be possible.
For the second question, they will send you a price that they would like to pay. Sometimes they might send it within the first message like 'I want to buy x for this much.' Or they will ask you later on if you take this much for x. Depends on the buyers. Most of the time they wont and will buy it for the full amount.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Helper
For the first question, they may have blocked you or you blocked them. Either could be possible.
For the second question, they will send you a price that they would like to pay. Sometimes they might send it within the first message like 'I want to buy x for this much.' Or they will ask you later on if you take this much for x. Depends on the buyers. Most of the time they wont and will buy it for the full amount.

View solution in original post

Hmmm, interesting. I never blocked anyone and that’s weird someone would block me. Maybe it could be a glitch or the system is lagging? But thanks for the reply though! Smiley Happy Also, I noticed that when someone asks you about your item, does an automatic message sent like “Hi, is this still available?”? I’m assuming the same for when someone wants to make an offer?
Community Helper
They may have blocked you. Not a glitch. Happened to me a few times. There is a list of responses that they can choose from or they could write their own. For making offers they have to press make offer or write their own when messaging you if they already are exactly like I pointed out in my above response.
Oh okay. Why would someone block you? I find that very odd. Could it also be possible that maybe they deleted their message before you could see it?
Community Helper
They cannot delete messages that send you. At least not that I know of. There are a variety of reasons a person could block you.
Oh okay. Still weird. :/
Level 9
@sciencebabe94
I've had the same issue (2 circles/ avatars/letters) show up next to my item, but only one message is sent.
Since that weirdness started happening at the same time as some of the other weirdness mentioned on these boards, I'm going to go with the theory it's a glitch.

Glitch seems to cover the other issues:

*The number of items posted doesn't match the # of items listed under My Offers
*The number of sales listed in profile is lower than the # of feedback ratings listed in profile
*Shipping option is available one day when posting an item, but missing the next time you post an item, etc.

If @aidenholley is right and we're being blocked by random people who have never contacted us or interacted with us, we're probably better off never meeting those people, anyway.
Community Helper
these people have contacted you. However, they have blocked you prior to contacting you for unknown reasons so your response rate goes down presumably.