What’s with people asking “Is it still available” and after you reply “yes it is..” they disappear?

Level 4

I have been browsing and dosed off, only to wake up and notice that I have opened someones ad when my scrolling thumb has relaxed. A little while later I get a response from that ad stating it is still for sale.... Ooops,  I reply that I am sorry, my son was playing with my phone and accidentally sent the message, just out of courtesy. In my opinion the "is it still for sale" button is kind of redundant, the ad is still there, and I know that people don't always take ads down when they sell something either because they are lazy or just plain forgot. LOL just a side note, I don't have any children, before someone chastises me for blaming them Man LOL

Community Helper

Wow, @kknip03.

Blaming your imaginary children!? They can't even defend themselves.

I've done that. Hit a tab accidentally alerting the buyer. I just apologize and let them know it was accidental. Usually I'll ad, "I was admiring your...(item)... Sometimes it sparks an unprompted offer at a lower price. 

I know the tabs are for convenience....I don't like them.

Level 4
Lol, what they don't know won't hurt them
Level 1
That's exactly the point. It's not the question of "is it still available" or " I want to buy your Item", it's the fact that you waste your time and effort replying to these statements several times a day to no avail. After you reply with "yes, it's still available" or "you can have it, let's schedule a pick up" , there is jist silence. That's a waste of everyones time and there is absolutely no excuse.
Level 9
@cyclomatic I really hate those tabs too! I've sent messages on items I have never even viewed! I always apologize but I feel dumb
Community Helper
---Most users, who by chance tap one of the options, are probably too embarrassed to even reply back... So they just don't respond 😕
Level 2
Exactly! Makes me wonder if Offer up designed it thos way to get us to pay for bumping
Level 1
I have encountered every scenario you've mentioned as well. The difference is, I am not that kind of seller. I have never done any of this to anyone. The fact is, as in life, the error of the few is suffered by the masses.😕
Level 1
Oooohhh..that's annoying😣
Level 4

Well it becomes a big deal when seller has stated in ad, “That if it’s still listed it’s still available” and they still ask if it’s availabe. Which tells me that those that ask, haven’t read the ad at all!

And sometimes I believe people do it to be *ssholes!