Why does offerup continue to allow people to sell pot?

Level 4

@goblin @jd41 I agree with you both, as I don't like it period. As I don't like it being sold on OfferUp regardless how many times we report it, I don't like it as a trade offer for any of my highly earned merchandise such as the PS4 Bundle that I sold for $240 with a 2YR Accidental Warranty at Bestbuy (with an extra controller and 3 games), and or my 32" Samsung Smart HDTV. I mean it's ridiculous.

But my hatred of it stems from more of the BEHAVIORAL AND PSYCHOSOCIAL EFFECTS OF POT USE of everyday people. 

Level 4

@jd41 Thanks!!!

Level 4

@Shawnna12 wrote:
Look at my sneakers

@Shawnna12 What do you mean sneakers?

Level 9
@Shawnna12

The forums and app are not directly linked. We cannot see your ads. Post in your area, if people are interested they will buy.

@TStevens1

Again mostly liability.

This app doesn't allow it, look elsewhere.

There are so many options.

That's a solution to your problem.
Level 9

No more than than that. Even pick up is still illegal even in states where weed is legal because you have to have a license to sell it legally. And trades constitute selling because you are exchanging an item of value for something else of value. Its just making it legal hasn't stopped anyone from trying to be a dealer. The only difference is instead of having a handful of dealers , everybody is a dealer. And legalizing marijuana for rec use does little to lower crime rates unless you count all the possession citations no longer being written. It still a drug, addictive, and legal or not an addict will lie cheat and steal to get his drug of choice. An alcoholic will do the same and alcohol is legal. 

Level 9
Was just about to update my post with specifically the following info.

"Even pick up is still illegal even in states where weed is legal because you have to have a license to sell it legally. And trades constitute selling because you are exchanging an item of value for something else of value. "

I don't think it's worth it for OfferUp to invest (because they will have to on some level) or allow drug sales.

Sure it may be profitable, but the PG13 nature of this app doesn't allow for it.
Level 1
Why don't you take some more of your prescription psychotropic medications and relist your items, instead of trying to sell them through the forum while pretending to have a conscience about a medicinal herb? Don't want to see people selling pot? Stop searching for it. Don't want to get people offering it for your merchandise? Say cash only, no trades. Problem solved.
Level 4

I'm not sure why you guys can't just get a Medical Card and purchase it as a local dispensary. 

Level 2
As the initiator of this question I think we need to have more discussions on this. I am all for the selling a marijuana in a controlled environment. Unfortunately in this day and age is a shame that we have to worry about laced marijuana and would be afraid someone might get hurt. so I understand why OfferUp for all intensive purposes places that on there prohibited list due to liability as this is a teen rated site. Having an older account there are q words then automatically does not allow prohibited post perhaps OfferUp needs to update their list to the subtle keywords for marijuana if they do not allow these post. My main concern was that it was continued to post after reporting. Which there are many many posts that do not get removed after reporting. so with that said I'm glad this opened up a great discussion which we need to have more discussions because in my days we didn't have this type of apps to sell items on. And understand why OfferUp has a prohibited list
Too funny!