Why does offerup continue to allow people to sell pot?

Community Manager

@OfferUp321 you are in violation of our Community Standards. This is your warning as well. I did my job, and I will continue doing so. 

Edit: I can clearly see that you are the exact same person. All of your accounts will be removed.

Level 3

@tdeluiz45 wrote:

@BrightMoonstone Well luckily a gal by the name of Rosa (to protect her Identity) from Sandy, OR was selling OMMP Chocolates all flavors cookies and cream cake batter hard candies gummies range from $1-4 depending on the strength/potency, and blue raspberry single double dose and raspberry single double dose many types of candies and flavors. UNTIL I REPORTED HER BEHIND MYSELF JUST A FEW HOURS AGO!!!

But I'm still mad as F that two copies of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf Book posted 4 months ago and his coins dated from 1930-1935, a 1963 old Jim Crow era Sign selling for $400 posted 2 months ago (suggesting White's this way and Colored's that way), and a belt buckle selling for $275 posted 10 months ago as I thought these were considered Offensive materials Items that promote, support or commemorate groups with views of hatred or intolerance but I don't know I could be wrong.

@Mj_206 I really hope that you've read this, and if not that you do so. As @tdeluiz45 has been a driving force on holding several people accountable by reporting them for selling Prohibited Items, that would have remained if he didn't say a word.

Community Manager

@MarieJenn These forums are *not* the place to post links about users not following our rules. I have stated this several times. We have a reporting feature for a reason, and there is nothing I can do to expedite any of these requests. Please try to understand what I'm saying. No system is perfect, and we're doing our best to remove prohibited items as soon as possible. With tens of millions of users logging on daily, and over a billion total posts, of course some posts will slip through the cracks of our detection...

Continuing to speak about this on these forums will not help the underlying issue. I have given all of this feedback to our Customer Care team but beyond that, my hands are tied. I really need everyone to understand this. I've said this before, but there are over 375,000 registered users here on these forums, and only 1 of me. And then there are the tens of millions of users that log on daily... with these types of numbers I'm sure you can start to imagine the number of reports we receive daily. Our teams try working through them as quickly as possible, in the order in which they were received, with the only exception being that cases related to threats and imminent danger will be responded to before item reports.  

This will be the last time I speak on this topic. I have already passed this feedback on several times.

Community Manager

@OfferUp321 you are the same person as @tdeluiz45... It is against our policy to have multiple accounts. 

The Offerup development team I'm sure can check peoples external IP address as they should.
Community Manager

With the tools I have access to through these forums, I was able to confirm that they are the same person. Trying to get around bans will not work on these forums - I will almost always catch when it happens! 

Admin update: It looks like there were 8 related accounts from the same person. All accounts have been removed and banned. It is against our terms to have multiple OfferUp accounts, so this account was escalated to our investigations teams.

Last update: I'd like to publicly state... I had the Customer Care team look into the reports made by this account regarding weed related items. I'm happy to say that each and every single one of the reports @tdeluiz45 made was already actioned and the items were removed before we doublechecked. The only exception of a couple collectible items. Not a single one of the weed posts that were reported were up by the time the Care team investigated. 

@MarieJenn go ahead and pass this information on since you apparently know him. In my investigations, as well as the Care teams investigations, everything was actioned on so I'm really not sure why this had to escalate to this level. 

@Mj_206 wrote:

With the tools I have access to through these forums, I was able to confirm that they are the same person. Trying to get around bans will not work on these forums - I will almost always catch when it happens! 

Admin update: It looks like there were 8 related accounts from the same person. All accounts have been removed and banned. It is against our terms to have multiple OfferUp accounts, so this account was escalated to our investigations teams.

Last update: I'd like to publicly state... I had the Customer Care team look into the reports made by this account regarding weed related items. I'm happy to say that each and every single one of the reports @tdeluiz45 made was already actioned and the items were removed before we doublechecked. The only exception of a couple collectible items. Not a single one of the weed posts that were reported were up by the time the Care team investigated. 

@MarieJenn go ahead and pass this information on since you apparently know him. In my investigations, as well as the Care teams investigations, everything was actioned on so I'm really not sure why this had to escalate to this level. 

@Mj_206 

May I chime in on this? As that is not entirely true.

Lol these people have serious issues. @Mj_206 can you report them to the cops?
Community Manager

I'm not sure how you could speak on reports made by another user unless this is another related account, but sure, @morehousemark - go ahead. Everything I stated in my post was the truth. Any weed posts that @tdeluiz45 reported were removed. Me and several others double checked... 

Please note I am specifically talking about @tdeluiz45 reports. 

@Mj_206 wrote:

I'm not sure how you could speak on reports made by another user unless this is another related account, but sure, @morehousemark - go ahead. Everything I stated in my post was the truth. Any weed posts that @tdeluiz45 reported were removed. Me and several others double checked... 

Please note I am specifically talking about @tdeluiz45 reports. 

@Mj_206 

PM sent.