anbody else have problems with buyers agreeing on a price then when you meet up they try to change t

SOLVED
No shows have been my problem too
No shows have been my problem too
Tags (1)
Level 6

Welcome to the forum @Sbanks1224 !

Great to hear a success story so thanks for sharing.

Level 6

Welcome @Tanimom !

While in the forums ask questions, hand out a kudo or two (thumbs up) and earn badges along the way.   

Look for no show help here

Wishing you all the best with OfferUp.

Level 3
Happens MOST of the time. 8 out of 10 deals turn out to be flakes or scammers of some sort.

I wont meet at my home and risk the safety of my family and belongings. A thief is a thief and if they know where u live, all the security cameras in the city wont get your things back and its not worth the possibility of harassment.

I swear half the people who populate these sites are wasted, just killing time.

I had a woman want to pay 50% of my asking price for a new pair of boots, then deliver them to her all the way across town...on a holiday. When I said no, she got nasty. Where do we report that? Glad I didn't give her my address!

Think I’ll create an automatic preamble to my descriptions that says:
“No offers under the influence”
And
“No deliveries”
And
“ cash only, price is firm “

Tags (2)
Level 3
Yes, I agree, but they may do it anyway. The only proof of conduct we have is whats in the app.

I once travelled all the way across town to meet a woman who sent a link to the location, only to be waiting at a similar location a mile away instead...then get ugly when I waited fir her at the location she designated.
I decided not to leave a negative review... but she left one for me!
Level 4
When you go to Wal-Mart you don't haggle on the price
Level 2
Good way of doing business. I had some of those when we had to leave our house.
Level 2
I won't do pick ups at my house by people I don't know. Could be dangerous
Ive not had that problem yet but i agree with holding ur ground. Ive started when multiple people are interested tell then that theyre next up if sale.falls through so if they try to change price i have back up lined up. I too am tired of the no shows who waste alot of time going back n forth then never show. Say 50 % no shows causing a lost sale .