anbody else have problems with buyers agreeing on a price then when you meet up they try to change t

SOLVED
Level 3
I'm equipped to take credit cards through my cell. If they want to haggle after the agreed price then either I agree or the deal is off. I'm not a store and whatever I make is profit and better than selling on ebay.
Level 2
The answer is always NO if you don't ask.
Level 1

I totally agree with your position. They are not respecting the time and effort you put into the process.  Having boundaries is the same as corporate procedures and policies. Stand firm. 

Johndoe1_2

Level 4

Of course we have this problem not brining enough momey i used to take what they had not any more were selling 90%of the time because we need money im not here to lose money i offer low prices  check and compare others prices  and try to be fair thry will walk all over you. So i agree with yoi when yout agreeimg to a pri ce trying to accommodate  them no i womt go lower anymore  hurt my rating but  oh well anyone thsts done business  with me know s im fair i give free stuff with purchase.  I will usually  block them i hear you

I posted a iPhone5s with all assesories with a leather apple case 2 screen protectors in very good condition for my friend but was told it was a 64gigs for a $100. 3 minutes after I posted it I had 4 offers asking when and where can they pick it up so I decided to give the first person that messaged me a chance so the girl asked me if I could deliver it to her at her job and she would pay for carfare which wasn't that far from where I live maybe 30 minutes by bus so I tell her that I would do that for her, then she messages me back saying that if it would be ok to wait till tomorrow cause she only had $60 on her,so I said no problem just as long as she would show up so she asked me to mark the item sold so again I said no problem. So I asked her if she wanted the phone factory reset before she got to my house or would she rather wait till she got here so she said for me to wait so the next day she shows up and I show her the phone and she says she's been trying to find a 5s for over a month and couldn't find one for a decent price, so I had to call my friend for his Apple ID to reset the phone so after that was done I figured that was it but no such luck she said she wanted to activate the phone with her Apple ID which took over an hour in a half cause her phone plan didn't have data so she needed WiFi to activate it,so after an hour and a half she finally said everything was ok and payed me the $100 and thanked me. So 2 days later she calls me telling me that the phone wasn't 64gigs but 16 gigs so I asked her to send me a screen shot of the settings and if she wanted a refund that I would gI've her her money back to her so she said yes,so I said for her to send me the screenshot and the address that as soon as I see for myself that the phone was 16gig I would refund her myself out of my pocket even though it wasn't my phone but I figured I should of checked the phone for myself to see how many gigs it was, so I waited and 2 days nothing so I called and kept getting voice mail so I text her and said, so I guess you decided to keep the phone cause you haven't sent the screenshot or sent me the address. So 3 days after that she called me saying that she doesn't know how to send a screenshot and that she didn't get my message until now and she felt that I should give her back some of the money and I said that I would give her back all of her money for the phone back,but she wanted the phone and some money back that she paid to much for the phone, I told her that I would only give her a refund when she sent me the proof that it was 16gig. I swear you can't be nice to some people, I'll tell you what never again. Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.

Level 2
Great advice!
Level 1
I understand your frustration. It's happened to me too many times. But I am pretty uncomfortable with your "sad stories" comments. I missed a sale (of MY item last week because I had a bad seizure. I also have to deal with cancer, AND 3 autoimmune diseases. I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS let my buyer or the seller I am meeting if I am feeling strange, if my vision suddenly blurs, or, if I'm lucky, I'll make it there. Empathy. That's what it's called and is expected to be on display by God. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. Heck, I would hate for you to suffer, but you're welcome to see where I had the last seizure and was found convulsing by my 11 year old grandson, who had to call 911 and thought his Mimi was dying! Empathy. Sympathy.
Honesty (a car salesman on here who either doesn't know anything about the car or just flat will not give me a price come hell or high water. He wants and expects these elderly people to drive 59 miles to get his overinflated price.
So I am 4 out if 5 on my 1st day. 3 good, honest, empathetic, patient people, including one used car salesman with an overinflated ego. And the awesome guy who is selling his car and I am cheering him on that one of my friends buys it.
Kindness in our treatment of others, but for sure along with that kindness must come good ratings, kudos, AND followers.....many many followers so you can all sell your items and make money.THAT IS MY HOPE FOR YOU ALL. I don't know yet if I will stay in this community. I'm going to spend a couple of weeks buying things and watching for the most important things of 2018. Empathy, Sympathy, Kindness, Honesty with each other and our fellow members and customers, AND I am praying with all of my heart that anger, drama, disloyalty, being apathetic towards others.
The only people who can see an invisible disease are those of us who have them, AND those who love their family and fellow citizens to make sure you know.
The "sad stories" you are done with, those same people who struggle just to get out of bed to sell things in this community, or schedule a time with you and the DEADBEAT had the audacity to drive by & wave high? That can just as easily be you that is slammed with chemotherapy every week so USE YOUR HEART. Because there's not one **bleep** person here who knows what goes on behind closed doors. And judging us is truly the lowest form of humanity and self-defense. Because I would NEVER do that to you. Your time is important, as we all struggle against that almighty clock. But make this new year one of joy, no drama, no toxic bs towards people who are watching you because they ADMIRE YOU. NOT BECAUSE YOU AGGRAVATE THEM. WALK A MILE IN THAT PERSON'S SHOES WHO COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO SHOW UP. WALK THAT MILE. AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE, GO TO YOUR KNEES, RAISE YOUR ARMS TO THE SKY AND THANK GOD YOU HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE. THEN, IF YOU WOULD, GET OFF YOUR KNEES AND USE THAT KNOWLEDGE TO HELP YOUR FELLOW MAN. REACH OUT AND TAKE A NEW FRIEND'S HAND. SHOW YOUR LOVE AND SHOW YOUR LOYALTY.

JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER, JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE "BOOK SMART" DOES NOT MAKE YOU A SMART WOMAN. YOU GOTTA USE THE COMMON SENSE GOD BLESSED YOU WITH AND FIGURE OUT THAT THOSE OF US HE CHOSE TO HELP THE SICK AND HUNGRY AND, YES EVEN THE ANGRY......PATIENCE. NEVER FORGET THAT WORD. EMPATHY INSTEAD OF APATHY, LOVE INSYEAD OF HATE, CALM AND SMILES WHERE THERE IS TOXICITY AND HATE. WE ALREADY HAVE A WHITE HOUSE FULL OF HATE, LET'S NOT FORGET TO KEEP IT OFF OF OUR STREETS!
GOD, OR WHOEVER YOU LOVE AND WORSHIP, BE WITH THE MEMBERS OF THIS COMMUNITY TODAY AND HELP US ALL AS WE PLACE ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER AS WE ALL WALK TOGETHER IN LOVE FOR OUR HUMAN RACE BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY,..........AS WE WALK TOGETHER IN LOVE FOR EACH OTHER RIGHT HERE IN OKLAHOMA AND ALL OVER OUR POOR POOR WORLD.

LOVE EACH OTHER.

@Krisblaison Glad it's helping Smiley Happy

Level 2
When selling my plants I always include the size in the description. Even though I do offer the size, multiple customers would still show up and say, "I thought it was bigger" and proceed to point to a larger totally different type of plant asking if they can have that instead. In the beginning, (since I really wanted a sale and I really wanted to be nice and I was really new to this), I would just hide my frustration and say "okay"...not anymore..first I started moving my larger plants away from the plant to be picked up, keeping them all about the same size, now, however, I will keep all plants, large and small together, and if they want a larger one, I'll wait until they come back with more cash.
Neighbor
If they do this to me I always walk away