flagging services

Highlighted
Level 4

Hi, first post, love offerup! it's a much better app than letloose! Anyhoo, just wanted to know why people that keep posting services over and over such as car washing and detailing get reported, but keep posting with the same user name and account? Can't you delete their account and ban them? 

6 REPLIES 6
OfferUp employee

@kknip03 Hi! Welcome to the online community!! Keep reporting these types of accounts if you see that they aren't following our Posting Rules or Community Guidelines so our Customer Care team can look into it. They have to follow the same rules as everyone else, and will have action taken against them if they are not. 

Level 4

I do flag them day after day. They just keep on posting.

Community Helper
Hi @kknip03 welcome to the forum 😊
I totally agree with you on this, it’s so frustrating I know I report them all the time. Hopefully OfferUp comes up with a better option dealing with this problem people, I find it’s mostly duplicate posts all day long from the same people in different categories so they can get away doing duplicate posts, I think OfferUp probably can just set it up when someone tries to put the same items in multiple categories it gets automatically deleted, it will probably cut a lot of this down?
Community Helper
In just about a weeks time, I've flagged dozens of profiles using techniques commonly seen on Craigslist among other places. Many occasions these are not just harmless "overposting". Often times, people who fall for these are now giving up email and phone numbers. I'm hoping we can all help each other by flagging and reporting every profile they can.
Community Helper
Hi @cyclomatic Yes I totally agree with you, I would like to see when people ask or try to respond with personal information, like phone numbers or email address OfferUp automatically deletes them. Close5 had this on their app and worked really well. There are untrustworthy people always trying to scam honest people. 😊
Level 4

I just posted a truck for sale, and no more than 3 min, someone contacted me asking "can you send some close up today please pics", I responded what pics do you want. They said the rust spots and motor, then they sent me a number, I always look up numbers on google or white pages, and suprise, it was a Chicago number. I live in N.C. But the sender was verified, had numerous sales and a good rating, was in a town close to me. I told them I would post more pics on offer up, they responded with "ok", haven't heard from them again... I assume they hijacked the users account? I wish I could jump through the phone and choke them.I flag many scammers that post nice cars every day, price is usually $1153.00 or something like that and stating that the offer up app message is not working, please respond to *****@gmail.com. Maybe you can give free bumps to those that flag the most scammers lol.