seller told me 30 day warrenty

SOLVED
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Helper
@MONEYFORMYHONEY--Hello!! Did you have an opportunity to inspect the refrigerator before the purchase? Also if the seller offered a 30 day warranty & is not sticking with it, you should contact customer support & file a claim:

https://offerup.com/support/new

Or

Tweet @OfferUpSupport
7 REPLIES 7
Level 9
There is no warranty on used items unless you got it in writing with the bill of sale. If you did, go to small claims court. If you didn't, you are pretty much out of luck. OfferUp isn't going to help you either way.
Highlighted
Community Helper
@MONEYFORMYHONEY--Hello!! Did you have an opportunity to inspect the refrigerator before the purchase? Also if the seller offered a 30 day warranty & is not sticking with it, you should contact customer support & file a claim:

https://offerup.com/support/new

Or

Tweet @OfferUpSupport

my partner went to wharehouse and looked at 3 to 4 refrigerators $500 to $900 asked if there was warrenty he said 30 days its been 4 days called him and text messages on phones he did not explain 30 day warrenty when we bought it to me means i have 30 days i payed him cash. and also he did not let me rate him.on phone he talked about warrenty. not when he took my money all i want is the other fridged for @200 more ore money back 

Level 9
Is the appliance broken or you just want to exchange for an upgrade? Your post was very confusing. If it is a business, you may have a warranty but that does only cover certain parts or conditions. It would not apply to changing your mind. Did you get any paperwork at all? Receipt? Or was this just a casual seller with a storage unit? Ou cant enforce anything, it is your responsibility to do your homework PRIOR. unfortunately

we asked seller said 30 day warrenty did not explain warrenty to me means i have 30 days i think if hes in bussiness i will go to wharehouse and take him o better bussiness and court 

Level 9
If it isnt defective (defined solely by the warranty provider) you will be wasting your time. If it is an upgrade you want and are willing to pay any additional costs and transportation fees both ways, you may want to approach it that way. Anyhow, best of luck
Level 9
Edit: how strange i didnt see any replies before commenting.

Hello please type your message in the body of the post, not the tag section.

Based on what I am able to read, it sounds like some sort of scam.

I've seen this exact situation echoed by a couple users in this and other forums.

I assume the person came and installed it or left it, but was not assosiated with any physical company? If he was, there may be something you can do.

You would need to file a police report to hopefully find a resolution as well as reporting the user in the app.

(User profile, top right flag icon)

OfferUp cannot do much when it comes to in person transactions.