5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

Level 3

@0317 well, I have had ZERO sales to people who lowball me. I don't want to waste my time so I make a higher counteroffer to get them to buzz off. My overall record is 100+ sales, 37 purchases and 100% 5 star rating. What does that tell you about me?

I go with what people believe their stuff is worth and at most, offer them 20-25% less. I deal mostly with used laptops and know their value where many people don't. I have gone to people selling used laptops that won't turn on and one guy wanted $30 and I took a charger along and found that the screen was also bad. I told him I would not buy it for $30 and then he said he would probably sell it for parts around $10 and I paid him $10 for it. I have the skills to repair laptops and resell them for what I think they are worth, along with the time I put into repairing them. If I list a laptop for $100, it's cuz that is what it's worth given my costs and the time I put in to repair them. For someone to offer $50 is insulting and just shows a buyer who is testing how desperate I am to sell. 

I get that it's the world of commerce and everyone can make whatever offer they want. That is why I raise the price if they lowball me. When they make a counter offer, then they start 'negotiating' the price and there is NO rule that says I have to make a lower counter offer than my original offer. Ain't that so? If they lowball me, I highball them back. One woman gave me a lowball offer and I countered with a higher offer. I told her we were negotiating now and she DENIED it saying that she was in sales and she had NOT started negotiating. She must have been new at sales then. 

Level 1
Thanks for the tips
Level 9
@50Tech haha I love this manuever
Highlighted
Level 9

well @50Tech It tells me nothing about you as a seller,,,,,,,you left out the most important number ,,,,,,,,,,you say you have five stars based on 100plus sales,,,,and 37 purchases,,,,,,but you did not say what the number beside the stars is,,,,,,,,that number beside the stars is the only number that really gives us a clue about you as a seller,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ive noticed some people may have five stars based on say 50 sales,,,,,,,,and lets say 7 purchases,,,,,,,,and the number beside their five stars is lets say 10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i think most sellers leave a rating,because they want a rating, makes them look better,,,,,so i would conclude that person in reality only sold 3 items,,,,,,and 47 times just archived items they marked sold to try to make their profile look better.,,,,,,,,,,,,so without that number by your stars,,,,,,,,,,,,,it tells me nothing about you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Level 9
@0317 really? That seems like a heck of an assumption. I took, have 5 stars based on 100+ sales and 4 purchases. I have a 30 by my stars. You know why? Because nearly everything I sold was an add on. Meaning they messaged about one item, came over, shopped my home, some sitting on my couch looking for other items in my listings to purchase. Guess what? You can't give/get a rating on an item they never messaged you on. And let's not forget the new users whom don't follow up with ratings. Oh... And the 4 weeks when OU was only allowing ratings from the website (glitch in app) where was difficult to rate with out errors
Level 9

lol @RevivalGypsy just so you know,,,,,,i absolutly adore you,,,,,,,,,,,anyway,,,,,,,so my assumptions are pretty close,,,,,,,,,,,out of a 100 sales,,,,,,,,,only around 30 actualy are sales that took place on the app,,,lol,,,,,,,,anyway,,,,,,i was just answering the persons question as best i could,,,,,,,and acording to my way of thinking,,,,,,,,,a few of my sales have kinda worked that way ,,,,,,,cept instead of coming to me,,,,,,,i just know what the person is looking for and go to them,,,,,,,,,but those dont go through the app at all,,,,,,,,,i just met the person on the app for the first sale.,,,,,,,anyway,,,,,,i just said what i would conclude from the numbers.

Level 9
Smiley Happy @0317 glad we cleared that up.
Level 9
Oh and statistically, its not really 30 in app transactions/100+ , its 30 that were rated.
Level 9

@RevivalGypsy what kind of stuff do you sell?  ,,,,,,,,,Im trying to determin what type of seller you are,,,,,,,trying to stay on topic in here        

Level 9
Home decor items. Furniture.