5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

Level 1
Thank you so much for your time and your expertise. I have only sold one ring in 2016. But as I'm now 59 I have 40 years of accumulation. I'm starting slow, but will assure you and others I will be as professional and kind as humanly possible. That is if I don't run into some of the slum you described. Kindly J
Level 1
Thank you!
Level 1
For sure! Spoken in true form! I've had a lot of people just saying"is this still available" , then disappear. Super frustrating, so after reading this I'm going to take ur advice ... I keep "following up" with people& get half **bleep** answers then i find Myself ASKING them if they're still interested. I mean come on..... No more for me! Thank u for this forum. It helps
Level 1
For sure! Spoken in true form! I've had a lot of people just saying"is this still available" , then disappear. Super frustrating, so after reading this I'm going to take ur advice ... I keep "following up" with people& get half **bleep** answers then i find Myself ASKING them if they're still interested. I mean come on..... No more for me! Thank u for this forum. It helps
So far the only offers I've gotten are from two of these types of buyers. The lowballer, "Nickolai Tesla" who offered me $20 for a $30 pendant (my own hand crafted jewelry) and wasn't willing to come up to $25, then never respond when I agreed to let him have it for $20. Then there's this guy who seems like he's really interested, but seems too busy to meet up, goes for days without response and then comes back saying "If you're out this way..." I live in Tempe, AZ and he lives in Chandler, has a cabin up near Payson and a business to run. Granted, I do not have a car, but I have tried to make it as convenient as possible to meet me. He says he drives all over the valley every day, and both my work and home are close to freeways. Hopefully the next buyer who contacts me won't be another one of these.
Level 7
This is why I quit selling on eBay and won't ship anything ever again! This is where all the problems start, the wasted time effort and unknown factor comes into play, causing all the problems that you have no control over. It's just not worth the little bit of extra money or making those sales on items that won't sell locally. If they don't sell just donate them and get a tax credit and forget about it. You'll be ahead in the long run just from the time you save and storing it. I know the longer I store stuff the more likely it will be damaged and lose its value.
Level 1
This is great!!! Love it. You couldn’t have been more on point
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Lee2215! Glad you found this post helpful Smiley Very Happy

Level 1
Bravo,keep up the good work on keeping us informed.
Highlighted
Level 4
2) As a seller I never, ever meet a buyer half way. Buyer comes to my exact location only. Too many times ive driven to buyers for them to be extremely late or not show up. Never again.