5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

ECH: I have to agree with your key points on new sellers and stock photos. A new sellers isn't less trust worthy or honest. That's basically common sense, like you pointed out... We're all new at some point in the process. Also, stock photos are probably best with a combination of actual pics of the product. Just so the buyer can 1. Get a great vision of what they are interested in and 2. They can compare the two items as far as quality is concerned. Great idea for a "promotion of product".
Level 1
Great article & too the point! 👍
Level 3
Very informative, although i have to say that some of us with low ratings might be because we haven't been a member very long . Just saying.
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forum
@ECH!

When first starting selling on OU, would purchase small items from other local OU sellers to help build my 5⭐ rating.

You only really need a couple 5⭐ ratings, to at least prove you are an "actual" user. Builds rather quickly too!

Much success to you ECH!
Hope to see you around the OU
Neighborhood! 👍😉
>>Oops... lol back to Topic!
Highlighted
Been there and done that in the wee hours of the morning when I was waiting for the time to run out the clock for items I had posted for sale and a real putz sends me a real crappy low ball offer and I feel I've have the energy and some time to **bleep**, I will also submitted a equally as offensive counter offer that raised the original price of the item and play this cat and mouse game until one of us would choose to go on with our lives and stop messaging back and forth. 😂🤣
Level 9
@SlackerMom 😂 adorable name and personality! Why aren’t we friends?! You are cute as a button💙
Level 3
I will admit I do ask if someone can hold on to a item but here is my reason.

Litterly any day now I should get a call to sign something. And once it does and the check is in the bank I will be able to pay for said item.
But I let the seller know that in the meantime if someone comes along and can pay for it before me. I'm totally fine with it and understand. If you happen to run across anymore of said idea please keep me in mind.

I got the notice 3 weeks ago informing me that all needs to be done is for it to be approved on the other sides part and signed. And I sign the necessary paper work and It's done.

I called last week to check in and the other party is in court a lot. But is aware that needs to be done is for him to look over 1 last time, Sign it and Fax it.

I've been so on edge waiting for that call I've barely gotten any sleep and am on the verge of a panic attack each day.

So if I'm a bad person to ask for someone to Semi-Hold Something I am interested in. Well at least I tell the person that if someone can pay for it now they are more then welcome to do so. So they can sell the item and get paid.

And I end up panicking wondering what's going on? And how can a single signature cause me all of this.

Level 5
@goblin I really want to rate a buyer, however the options, communicative, friendly, and "other" were my only options. What exactly is other ? He is paying in US Dollars? That pretty much sums up the experience. A.) He would not respond to text so options 1 & 2 did not apply. B.) Other? Well .. I guess his money is good .... ?? If a popup window appears that is about all I could say. Item(s) I always include a freebie to this point were shipped.
Any thoughts?
Level 5
@DopeKicks216
Thank you for providing a reply I can appreciate. "Are you ready to buy?" Straight to the heart of it and simple enough to eliminate a waste of time and effort.
That one is going to go platinum from me.😎😀
Captain
Hey how do you communicate with Offer Up people who change my ads because they say they don't think my items are shippable?? I would like them to explain to me why they think that.
I've been buying selling tires for 20+ years and they get shipped all over the place daily...some of them even have to cross an ocean!!
Please don't change ads!!!