5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

Thanks for the info....I am selling an item for the first time, although I have had the App downloaded on my phone for about a year. I appreciate all the input from honest experienced Users that I can get. Again - Thanks!
Level 3
Lowballers and trolls really **bleep** me off to the point where i start trolling back to them or offer a 5 dollar item for $400. Also when a buyer askes a dumb question when i cleary wrote in the description everything they need to know, and they respond with ????. In all honesty though i used offerup as a way to deal with my social anxiety. ive sold items way below the market price just to get people to buy and to get me out of the house and i was always nervous wreck when it came time to do the transactions. And yes ive cancelled meetings archived everything on my page. And zero activity for days. But i always come back repost everything apologize to all the buyers and things would be normal again. But i have to admit offer up is not as fun as it used to be. i know longer receive many offers as i used to. Ive been ripped off twice buying some items. There are many buyers MANY who just BS alot.On the plus side though i have meet some cool people my anxiety is manageable but i going to give offer up a break for now. Thank you for reading my rambling message. Good luck to everyone on their sales. Please be safe out there. Thank you
Level 1
what were the things to look for on a genuine coach bag i have spent alot of money on coach for my wife over the years but she has not questioned any of the bags
Level 3
This has been helpful tips...Just need advice how to politely respond to a buyer who offers way too low. Im selling an item for 175 ..offered me 70 and i replied i cant go too low on my item offered me 80 then offered 30 on item i listed for 90. It really gets to me ...😃 but i dont want to be that mean seller...so i decided just to ignore the message...how can i deal better on this situation???
I did agree with some of what you have said but I feel like you were stereotypical when it came to the slang. Some people are just like that and can be good people just the same as someone writing proper could be a scammer also. I think that was a bit racist because we all know what race that was directed to. I get you were trying to make a point but I also think you didn't have to demonstrate. It made it much worse.

Also low ratings don't always mean someone did something wrong or do bad business"period". I , to you, based on my rating, would look as if I'm not to be trusted. And that's not fair to solely base ratings on being a bad person. I had a bad interaction with someone. Not that anything got out of hand but someone was scamming me and I realised after I paid for the item. Confronted them and contacted offer up on the scam. It was marked unlisted after 2 weeks . Had to wait for my money to be refunded. And the person who had 5 star rating, made the excuse after all, that the item I bought was stolen from his car. But before that excuse, he could have answered my questions about the item but ignored for those 2 weeks. Since he figured I reported the item and after the deal between us was up, he, in spite gave me my first and only rating on this site. A 2 star. So to be judged by people spitefully rating you negatively because they got caught, it's not fair for people like me who paid up and did the right thing.

I have had a 2nd experience on here with someone , right now actually, that put up a phone saying it was like new and they just went to iPhone. Basically saying they didn't need it anymore. I , asked the questions, one thing you said stay away from. I asked if the phone was unlocked and would work with my carrier because I didn't want to waste the money and find it didn't work. They told me it was an unlocked phone and would work with Verizon. Ok I went with it. Bought the item with shipping listed as priority. Had to wait a week to receive the item. When I did, it was a nice phone physically. Yes. But when I put my card in it was locked. Long story short. I called the company the phone was under previously, gave the IMEI number after finding information online that the phone was blocked. Indeed, the phone was locked and blocked and they couldn't do anything about it. Confronted the seller. They claimed the paid to unlock it. Then stopped responding. Now after 5 days offer up still has not contacted me about any progress. If the investigation has started or not. And this person had 5 star ratings.

So basically in conclusion, I get your points but they don't all work the way you say. It's not as easy to go by those suggestions but it is something to keep in mind.
Well it does go both ways. There has been times I would have liked to buy something and ask if it's still available and then I get no response. Or they will see the message and leave it that way so it's irritating to see they saw and ignored. Probably because of my rating which I have explained here. Sometimes sellers don't respond either. Or if they do answer and I ask about condition or something that my affect me after I buy, they don't respond back . Then later , even a week in time, you see the item sold. They choose who they want to sell to. Even if equally the money is all the same.
Level 3
Well im sorry about your bad experiences...i assume one way or another we have to deal with challenges that goes with the business. There are good times and there are challenging times. I just dont get about being racist...i dont base my sells on what race or what is your rating...i sell to people who are being reasonable with their offer...and as for the question if its available...i am one who dont ask the question...i assume if its still in the post , it must be available. I just offer if im interested in the item. The seller will let us know if its not. I have so many experiences about people asking that question then i respond yes and then no answer., back from them...
Level 1

since reading this about a week ago i've used the "are you ready to buy" within' my first couple opening lines and it's worked amazingly - thank you!

Level 1
Best we can do as a seller is apologize that you won’t take anything lower than a certain amount, even if you anótate ‘firm’, if they keep low balling, you can report and block them :]
Level 3
thank you for the tip..