5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

Level 8
Glad to be of help! : )
Level 8
Trolls do what they do just for your reaction, I personally don't give them the satisfaction. Not worth the time or energy.
Level 8
Be careful of meeting @ your location. Always safer to meet in a public place during daytime.
Level 8
I agree, in not using a photo of your actual face, but using a avi of Spongebob or Dave Chappelle? Cmon man lol that just spells unprofessional lol
Level 8
That's a beautiful dog! ❤
Level 8
To each his own. I personally prefer dealing with buyers who have transactions history. Less sketchy. If the buyer is new, that makes sense. But like the post says, if a buyer been on here for years and never copped anything, what makes you think they're going to cop something from you? Lol When it comes to sales, the law of averages is always key.
Level 8
Big facts lol 💯
Level 8
Oh you gotta peep game on the window shoppers and flakes. Their favorite line is ALWAYS "I'll let you know" 😂 when they hit you with that, go ahead and chalk that one up because more than likely theyre not serious. When a buyer inboxes you, ALWAYS say "are you ready to buy". This cuts out all the run around and shows them you mean business. Allow a few inquiries about the item, but do NOT continue the convo if they say "I'll let you know". Just end it with "okay" and keep it pushing.
Level 5
@DopeKicks216

Good morning. Very great advice on what type of sellers and buyers to avoid. May I add the type of sellers to avoid that seems to annoy the heck out of me.

1) The "NEED GONE TODAY" or "NEED GONE ASAP" type of sellers! These type of sellers are true potential scammers. For e.g. they may have purchased an item that's a counterfeit and they are trying to pawn them off before they are suspected of the items being flagged counterfeit (this is common amongst Air Jordans, Nike sneakers, or other popular apparel). They are also pushy and have zero chill and they fall under the sub category of unprofessional sellers. Those "NEED GONE ASAP" posts should be banned. Why else are they that desperate to sell?!?

2) Posts without any basic detail of the items. For e.g., if you are selling a pair of sneakers, please list the size! It will limit your message box and also it's good common sense to post the basic details of the apparel you're trying to sell. The most important thing about clothes or shoes is the size. I wouldn't buy anything or waste my time unless I'm confident that it's the right fit. Posts with apparel and shoes thst do not have the size listed should be removed, simple and plain. If you are too lazy to list the basic description of the sale of your apparel and shoes, then you do not belong on offerup. It's also poor customer service. Stay away from sellers who do not list size on their description.

I hope this helps to all the good and honest buyers to the offerup community!
Level 8
Great tips @XJeff083 ! I totally agree, listing items and not being descriptive is a huge red flag. That's why I mentioned it in the post. It is a must to put details in the description. Now on the flip side to that, there are a LOT of buyers who do NOT read or pay attention to the details listed! There's been times I've personally posted a pair of sneakers, and listed the size (with detailed pics), condition, proof of purchase (receipts), serial #, date of purchase, location of purchase, every possible detail you can think of and MANY buyers STILL will inbox you asking questions that you ALREADY listed on the post! So THAT is very annoying as well may I add LOL then after listing all details needed, these buyers STILL don't come correct on the price, or they aren't serious about buying. Many just wanna window shop LOL. I just posted a new topic on these type last night (5 SIGNS A BUYER IS WASTING YOUR TIME) check it out.

As for the "pushy" seller and "Need Gone Asap" posts, I agree with that as well. The items sell themselves. If the price is low enough, many will jump on it immediately. So there's no need to put "need gone asap", although that phrase CAN be a good marketing tool to attract more serious buyers, many who use that seem to sell a item faster, but it does reek of desperation. To each their own. I personally don't sell my sneakers at thrift store price points, I sell only DS or VNDS sneakers that usually comes with receipts and are all well maintained. I also offer to meet buyers @ local sneaker consignment shops if they try to question the authenticity of an item (which mainly broke boys and scammers do who usually dont have any "real" money so they try to call your stuff "fake" whenever they cant afford it 😂) a REAL sneakerhead can look at an item and tell if it's real or not. I can. and even when you offer to meet them at a resell shop to have the item(s) legit checked, they STILL either flake, disappear, or try to STILL low ball after proving the item is legit. LOL I've dealt with a couple of idiots like this before, but majority of my buyers DON'T give me that problem personally. I know how to weed the clowns and broke boys out. I'm a 5 star rated trusted sneaker seller with 400+ sales on here so I can't relate to those thirsty sellers who honestly have ruined the sneaker resell game by UNDERCUTTING...that's a whole nother topic in itself. So I feel you. Desperate sellers are extremely annoying. Just like broke entitled buyers who got champagne taste with beer money LOL.