5 TYPES OF SELLERS/BUYERS TO AVOID

Community Helper
---Great suggestion(s) @50Tech---
Appreciate your experience & knowledge!
Looking forward to your next forum contribution in helping to improve every users experience with OfferUp 👍😊
Level 3

@KSARASARA thanks. I enjoy reading your comments and contributions too. 

Community Helper
---Appreciate you taking the time to read them @50Tech! 😉---
Level 9

thankyou @50Tech I am gonna have a good weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,im gonna process some rabbits for the freezer and maybe bbq a few at a friends on sunday,,,,,,and go black berry picking,,,love blackberry pie,,,,,,,,,,,,and probably check out the art walk festival down town,,,,lots of tourists to meet,,,,,that may lead to an evening at the beach.,,,,,,,,unless of course i have to go t o work,,,,,but i dont think i do,,,,,,and either way it will indeed be a good weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all my days are good though,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont believe i have ever had a bad day,,,,,,,,,,,,,just a bad moment once in a while,,,,,,,,,,,,,hell i even had fun at the hospital while passing a kidney stone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope your weekend is good as well

Question I’m new to the site and obviously don’t have any sells or followers. What’s the best way to boost my reputation?
Level 9
Buy and sell small, inexpensive items. Things that you just want to be rid of and not make a profit. Make a small purchase locally to start, it is easier to buy than to sell
Level 1

I posted my first item yesterday which was a truck I used for my business and I’m now retired. I’m asking $10,500. We’ve been members since Sep 2015 and when I joined we became a TruYou Member. As soon as I posted within 30 minutes someone responded they wanted to buy for that price and then came back with $6500.  I told them I couldn’t take that but I appreciated them viewing and making an offer. They came back and offered me the $10,500. I was suspicious because their profile didn’t have a Profile picture or location. It said he had (4 ) 5-star rating but I didn’t see any ratings. I stated all this to him. So he waits until this morn8ng to tell me lived in a nearby town about 30 min from where I’m located. Afterwards I did notice there were 3 ratings that were generic that were there probably the whole time: “On time” “Reliable” “Friendly”. I didn’t see where he rated anyone. His Profile is marked with “verified for payments” & “Confirmed email”.  I’m still not convinced this guy is trust worthy. He also had no Followers and no people Following him. What do Y’all Think? Should I block him or ask him if he wants to meet up with me? I might look shady to anyone else too because I’ve never sold or bought anything but I’m also a TruYou Membrr with a profile picture of me and my wife and I list a location. Also not sure about this guys profile saying he’s verified for payments.  I think I only want to deal with Cash when selling my truck. Should I have stated this in my description. I don’t want to turn this guy down if he’s legitimate and lose a sale but I don’t want to lose my truck to someone that’s not legitimate either. Thanks for any information you can help me with.  

Level 1
If you take payments hold the truck until its payed for. Also NEVER go alone to sell something. Especially when you are taking about that kind of money.
Level 1

I’m sure this guy will want to test drive my truck.  I could ride with him but don’t want to put myself in danger. I’m sure not going to let him test drive it alone. I’ll probably ask him to meet up with me at tbe Police Dept because I don’t want him to know where I live. Not sure this guy will want his funds to clear before getting the truck though. With no profile picture, no location, no Followers and no one he’s following;  it doesn’t look legitimate. 

Level 9
It sounds like you will take all of the necessary precautions. The reviews are valid, they only say "on time, reliable, etc" there is no comment section for reviews. One question I would ask prior, "is my price below/at market value?" If you are asking more, intending to accept offers and he is offering you asking price, that could (not always) be a red flag. Have you discussed how you will accept payment? I would arrange this prior to meeting so it is clear.