Are you a serious buyer?

Level 3
Hey every one I want your opinion on how to get a buyer to Actually meet up and purchase lol I keep getting flakes
Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
Level 9
Flakes are just part of the landscape, sad but true, not much to do about it. A lot of times they want to pay less or meet closer to them even after agreeing to everything. Try offering a small discount or ask them like “so which way are you coming from, maybe I can meet you a little closer” sometimes it works. Even a $5 discount, it’s more psychological than financial for most people.

Another thing is I treat buyers and sellers with the idea that “you never know what’s going on in their life” even if most of the time I know they’re rude and being cheap. Always follow up and ask if they are still interested in buying. Either they don’t answer or it’s a no or they really didn’t see the message or was too busy. It happens to me once where someone gave me a full offer and never replied for a week, when I followed up he came out that day same price, he was really just busy and didn’t check the app. That’s another thing, give people time, not everyone is as active on the app as you or me.
Level 9
Either you get a good buyer or you don’t, not a lot you can do about people’s character, but always protect yourself. Never let people convince you to sell lower than your lowest price, the right offer will eventually come. And have a range of distance where you’re willing to meet, try to stay in they range you’re comfortable with traveling, in case of a no show at least you didn’t waste too much time.
Level 9
@Linamine24, if you figure that one out, let me knowSmiley Wink
Level 9
Send debt collectors, collect on those broken promises
Level 9
I like to call those type of people “blow dryers” 😉
OfferUp employee

Hi @Linamine24@Mark4 gave you some great advice. Also, make sure to look at the profiles of the potential buyers that are messaging you and go from there. Look at their ratings and if they are known to be "on time", "reliable", etc. and just be very communicative in what you're looking for in a buyer. If they don't respond after a while, just message them and say you're moving on to another buyer. 

Level 9

Chris please do elaborate for us @Chris555

OfferUp employee

@Mark4 LOL

Level 9
They blow a lot hot air!
😜