BEWARE ALL SELLERS WHO SHIP OF THIS SCAM!!!

SOLVED
Level 1
@Mj_206
I have a situation similar but NOT in a bad way. What if I (as a seller) marked an item SOLD but not by anyone on this app. The thing is, the inquirer of the item on this app beat the buyer on another app in making the purchase. Now, I need a confirmation number and/or label to print from Offer Up for this buyer. I know once I click on SOLD and click "not to a buyer on Offer Up" I can't take it back, but she (the buyer) is now looking forward to the item, but I am not sure how to get a label or some kind of number that confirms her purchase?
PLEASE HELP!! 😮😮😮
Level 1
Yea that’s my worry. There is a guy in LA wanting to buy an expensive helmet from me and said he’d pay shipping but I’m selling the item for I believe $180,00. But it the money isn’t secured no way am I shipping it.
Level 1
Wow. Dishonest people suck. SMH. I have a helmet that’s supposed to be shipped tomorrow, but I don’t feel comfortable doing that any longer.
Level 1
Offerup is a joke for shipped items. This has happened to me twice in the last 3 weeks from two different sellers. OFFERUP DOESN'T HOLD SELLERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR NOT SHIPPING THEIR ITEMS FOR AN AGREED UPON PRICE. WHAT KIND OF SHADY WORK PRACTICE IS THAT? LOOKS LIKE WE WON'T BE BUYING ANYTHING FROM OFFERUP THAT NEEDS TO BE SHIPPED. THANK YOU, NOT THANK YOU.
Level 3
I just spent the weekend with a buyer who paid my asking price but wanted the item today. That meant UPS air. 89.00 which he added. The card he used was fraudulent and linked to another persons PayPal account so I started getting alerts from my bank, my PayPal account and the victims bank. He even sent a professional looking confirmation.
I called UPS and stopped the package in Kentucky and it’s coming back to me. I reported this to OfferUp with every detail, and I tracked down his IP, MEID and MAC address for every device he used to contact me. Then GPS from that for his location. I filed police reports in NYC and here. I took all the data on where the scammer was and texted it to him and said contact me before my friends contact you. I had a call in a minute. He asked me why I cancelled. I read him what the banks and PayPal said about the numbers. I then kindly asked for the shipping back. Doubt I will but I did get the expensive item back. The delay in notification to me was five hours. That concerns me a bit.

@PsychPaCop 

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep posting the same experience? If you shipped it via UPS, you bypassed the OU's shipping system and does not involve the app.

It was your own judgment to use other methods of getting paid, in addition to shipping it on your own.

Level 3
As a warning not to be as stupid as I was. Also I didn’t see an option for express shipping. I had also just joined OfferUp.

I apologize for posting to three threads.
Level 1
Concerning the 7.9% fee..... I just opened this account and not once anywhere did I see that! So I would disagree because I had no idea they would be taking that much. Thank you for making me aware but no wherever that is posted on here it is not obvious! Thank you!
Level 1
Thanks for sharing. I could easily fall for that one if it happened to me! They are getting very crafty!
Level 3
Really, so you're weren't protected, are any sellers? Has this policy changed? I have a PayPal account but have yet to use it with OfferUp. So far I haven't experienced an issue. Although fairly recently I had an OfferUp member try to purchase something from for $50. The offer came through and each time I opened it to look it over, it canceled. That happened 3 times. Maybe it was a declined card? But if it were declined, why would there be a delay in canceling the order? I would think a declined card would not push the transaction to the next level of processing. I wrote this fellow OfferUp up member after the 3rd incident and advised I could no longer assist them.