BEWARE ALL SELLERS WHO SHIP OF THIS SCAM!!!

SOLVED
Level 1
The 2 items i have sold....only one didnt use an elaborate paypal scam so its just full of sketchy buyers abusing how unprotected the sellers are....thanks im glad to see other ppl r noticing this over the top buyer enablement to scam sellers.
Level 1
Paypal scammers have lookalikes so perfect that the fake sites r fully functional....paypal was my choice until i recently was screwed over by shipping my item to kansas where the paypal scammer was located....so just be super careful definitely do not open paypal from an email like my fiance did....shes not tech savvy but hooe this helps ppl understand even paypal has to battle these lowlifes everyday they seemed really baffled as to how his phishing sites functioned to where the url would be the same
Level 4
@MountainGoddess
Actually PayPal is way more secure than OfferUp. Plus, PayPal offers protection for both the buyer AND seller. Just make sure you do it thru Business and not family and friends. I like to make invoices thru PayPal just in case the buyer doesnt have a PayPal account. Not to mention PayPal only charges 2.8%
Level 4
OfferUp does NOT step in or step up for the SELLER!!!!
Level 4
@AWrkoArts
Use PayPal and create an Invoice. You can send it to the CIA email or text and they DON'T need to have a PayPal account. When the money gets there ship it. PayPal will protect the transaction
Level 4
It doesn't take months and months for PayPal to settle a claim. The most it took any of mine was 1 month. One the seller rebutted all the way thru. The other the seller never responded. PayPal is way better and only charges 2.8%

Ebay does take care of their sellers too. I have to say I am leery of both buying and selling with offerup

Level 3
This just happened to me, I shipped the item, buyer received the item, I got a message saying the order was cancelled and he got his money refunded plus he has my item . WTh is going on ?
Community Manager

@Charron01  Did you use the prepaid shipping label we provided?

It looks like this thread has some very incorrect tips urging people to ship outside of the app. Remember - if you do this, the purchase will not be covered by our Buyer Protection. Using labels other than the ones we provide will cancel the transaction, as the entire shipping flow depends on those labels being scanned.

Level 3
Yes I used the prepaid label