Cameos

SOLVED
Level 5
There is essenrislly no market for most cameos. Howeber I have sold sever that were 40's or older on eBay to various collectors for decent sums. My current issue is I have a authentic cameo pendant which I personally know to be very old (it had been in my family for a long time), it is mounted in sterling and mescsrite with a simple Edwardian style carving, and is rather small. It is signed by the craftsman and I have tried to maroet this thing everywhere. Did to rhe lack of "similar" cameos available for comparison on the internet antique shops will not buy it, for done reason collectors just srent interested persons becsuse or doesn't stand out. I feel like it is worth more than this. Does anyone have any recommendarions? I sold an unmounted cameo from the 50s last month for close to 80 bicks, so while I am aware cameos are often thought of as "costume jewelry" I know there is a market.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

I find that collectible items can be difficult to sell on OfferUp at times. Since we are currently focused on peer to peer sales, it may be tricky to find someone locally with the same taste and interests. My best advice is to take the nicest pics possible and to make sure and highlight the value of your cameos! 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

I find that collectible items can be difficult to sell on OfferUp at times. Since we are currently focused on peer to peer sales, it may be tricky to find someone locally with the same taste and interests. My best advice is to take the nicest pics possible and to make sure and highlight the value of your cameos! 

Highlighted
Level 5
Yes, my photo were epic. They touched everything for which collectors check.

Perhaps I will keep it as a personal monument of the lost art from. The history behind them is so intriguing I'm not sure whynthey died out.
Level 9

Hello @FungusHead

It has been about two weeks. Do you still have the cameo?

Cameos are full of beauty and history.