DEALING WITH LOW BALLERS

Level 1
I sell cars. I usually get my cars from the auction or if I see one around my neighborhood that’s been sitting for a long time. Before buying the car I look at the market value and run an estimate to see if I’ll come out the lowest. When I put my cars up, I get people asking for half off. I try to turn them down as nicely as possible. The annoying part is how many times I’ll have to do it. Recently I came up with a great idea. I haven’t tried it out yet but I hope it works. If I have a car for 6500 and you only have 4000 then I’ll let you know that I can get you a car from the auction for that much. It may not be like the one I’m selling but it’ll be something within their budget. Hopefully it’ll work and I’ll be able to bring in some revenue from these low ballers.
Level 8
Great insight Anime! I agree man, if a buyer only has a certain amount I'll point them to items in that price range, opposed to declining their offer. But many buyers take this as an insult, due to their self entitled egos and unrealistic expectations. If I'm looking for a car, and only have 4 grand then clearly I can't go look at a brand new Range Rover, lol going for maybe a nice used Jeep is a more realistic choice. But many buyers rather have champagne taste with beer money than face reality of what is in their price range. 🤷
Interesting. I always try to post items at a reasonable price so I can sell. I like the advice on being descriptive.
Level 8
What do you mean by "reasonable price"? I think that's subjective. I personally list items at a ACCURATE price. Meaning whats its actually worth, based on true market value. Not based off desperation to sell. Everyone is on here to sell, that's the point right? But usually when people act pressed to sell something, they end up playing themselves by dropping their price. When if they were to be a little more patient, they can get the asking price they want. But thirsty sellers and undercutters usually mess the game up for sellers who actually have integrity.
Level 8
Depends on the item. If I'm selling a baseball cap for 20-30 bucks I don't feel the need to "meet in a large crowd". Its not that serious. Now, if I'm selling a high end item like a pair of Yeezys then yes absolutely I recommend meeting in a safe public place during the day. Preferably a police station now since theres so many schemers on here now trying to rob you. So I think it depends on the item. I don't think a sweet old lady who wants to buy a flower vase is thinking of sticking the buyer up...but nowadays you never know lol granny could be on some trash too 😂 so you're right man. Better safe than sorry lol
Community Helper

@DopeKicks216
Obviously, things can go wrong anytime. Never allow the price of an item to dictate the value of your safety. Treat every meet up with folks, with care. Are you familiar with the idea, when you feel safest is when your most vulnerable? Always use your smarts and guys, not price tags. That should be more of a determining factor.
By the way, when most people say reasonable price, most people mean below accurate pricing....below market value. When I see things well priced, as a buyer, I don't try to break people down trying to haggle too much. I just offer asking or few bucks off their price. It's cool to be nice to sellers that are giving reasonable prices. But everyone motivation for selling isn't always profit driven. Sometimes, it's just the activity of selling items for space or getting new things. That still doesn't mean they should be lowballed. I think it's clear most people here will deal with it regardless of price.

rad
Level 1

Tags (1)
Thank you for the tips. I am selling a game stop gift card (50.00 value) and this guy offered me 20 bucks. I said no I'm sorry and did he get upset. Then another person made the same offer. I think maybe it was the same person. Again thank you for the advice.
Level 1
Ive sold every thing, everytime from my home.much easer, safer,no gas ,saves time.six years including "other" site