How do you stay productive?

SOLVED
Community Manager

Hey everyone!

I'm sure most of us have experienced the post-lunch crash. You had a big lunch, then 2PM comes around and you just can't stay on track. We probably all have tips on beating that crash, so let us know how you stay productive throughout the day! 

For me... 

• Alarms!! I set a couple different alarms to remind me to do certain tasks throughout the day. This helps me stay on top of my daily tasks in a way that I don't have to go out of my way to think or remember to do something.
  • Music! Usually something without lyrics or lyrics in a different language. At one point in my life, I had Pokemon playing as background noise while I worked and let me tell you... I was SO productive Smiley LOL
  • Daily to-do lists and "good job" lists! It's easy to get overwhelmed by all of the things you have to get done, so I always make sure to take a couple of minutes each day to highlight the good work I've done.
  • This one may sound crazy but... lunchtime naps! I have the ability to sleep just about anywhere and under any circumstances. It's basically my superpower. I've been known to take a light nap during my lunch to recharge and it can seriously make a HUGE difference Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
-@Mj_206-

---Can also... seriously relate to "all" your tips!

"Alexa" is my go to for almost everything!

Except naps, of course, those are on an 💡Einstein schedule... hence, the current 🕝 😄
31 REPLIES 31
OfferUp employee

These are great @Mj_206! I would love to hear how everyone else stays productive Smiley Happy 

Community Helper
-@Mj_206-

---Can also... seriously relate to "all" your tips!

"Alexa" is my go to for almost everything!

Except naps, of course, those are on an 💡Einstein schedule... hence, the current 🕝 😄
Level 3
I like to go for a short walk with a fast pace then see how much work I can cram into the next two hours.
Level 9

Hi @Highlander welcome to the forums,,,,,,fast paced walk and then working fast like that would just wear me out for the day,,,lol,,,,,,,,,and naps like mj mentioned,,,,,,,i tryed that for a while,,,,,had my camp trailer at work ,,,,would have lunch there and take a nap,,,,,,,it sure made the day go faster ,,,,some days i didnt wake up till quiting time,,but it didnt help with being productive.................what i have found over time that helps me to be more productive is eating three good meals a day instead of my normal two , maybe not so good meals,,,,and listening to the right music,,,,,,upbeat happy feel good music,,,,,,,,,,,i was just reminded recently on an out of town job that eating right can make a big difference,,,,,,i did a job for someone out of town recently and his wife had three good  meals a day ready,,,,,,i firmly believe it helped a lot with how productive i was.

Level 3
Absolutely! Always take care of yourself!
Community Manager

Haha, yeah the lunchtime naps definitely aren't for everyone, @0317 Smiley LOL Whenever I take one, I try to keep it around 30-45 minutes. We even have a nap room here at the office which has a comfy cot and a LA-Z-Boy chair, but I usually drive over to this pretty park close to the office. The weather is BEAUTIFUL today, so I might just have to take one today! lol.

What music do you usually like, @0317Smiley Happy

Community Helper
@Mj_206--Each day I make To-Do Lists. The things that I plan to accomplish, & mark them off as they're completed. Also I create ways to motivate others!! When the people around you are happy & excited about the day, and receive positive words and encouragement, it helps me to strive for the best in myself!! Thanks for asking!!
When I find myself getting restless. I get up in do some squats against the wall. Walk in place helps also
Community Helper
-Ciao' @SAUCIE-
---Welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums---
Sounds like you probably have really strong legs doing wall squats!
Glad to have you participating in the Community Forums 👍😊