How to become sucessful in Small Business Owner?

SOLVED
Level 9
Everyone here know how to sell products yet not alot peole become successful? It come down to mindset it will set you free. We all know that everyone wants to become millionaire/billionaires yet what set one apart from getting to the ultimate GOAL? I don't call myself an experts. I would like to bring this discussion up to everyone to have better ideas then mine like "put your best foot forward". I like to bring out Warren Buffett. I'm is biggest fan, just listened to his speak, I feel like I have momentary luxury. Lol. Most people become expert on everything from engineers, doctors, lawyer, products, market, research, sale, etc.. but lack of mindset, discipline, patients and unique personality set you apart. I'm not calling out hater, just share my view in life. Anyone can add to this post. I would like to share with everyone how did you become successful in life not only monetary, skill, love, life, family etc.. thank you for sharing your thought.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
@Jinkyzzz, Welcome to Community Forum. Thanks for sharing your family small business post. Keep us inform, you have unique style writting I like the way you wrote. I'm glad you find my post helpsful. Like you, I come from small business Cabinet Maker, great minds think alike.

I had seem numbers of things that my Dad and Grandpa's was struggled thru, who had works really hard, to meet end meet ( I had post this thread on other topics). They was able to put foods on the table, clothes on ours back and send us to school.

This was a moments imprinted on my mind. Anytimes, if I had truggled with a problems, I know that they both make it in life and give me courage mentality boot that I was going to make it as well.

This are my motivation kept me going. They not only teach me a business lessons but also life lessons as well. They've taught me about Compassion, Communication, Caring and Forgiveness. If we all truly do this, there will less violence and crimes against each other human beings or animals. Greedy does motivating bad behaviors and drive people's into doing bad things. But that is another threads. Lol. Sometimes life is full of suprise, depending on the mental toughness that will set you apart from the rest. If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to accomplish it that how out brain works. What are you using OfferUp app for buying or selling?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 3
I'm glad to have discussions like this. I grow up in a family of small business owners like retail stores and one of the most I admired is how my father succeed in his a tailor shop and water bottle business, unfortunately I didn't grow up with him to learn from him so I must have to find my own way ...reading your post and others are very helpful. I do have a regular healthcare job...and I want to supplement my income through business...
Level 9
@Jinkyzzz, Welcome to Community Forum. Thanks for sharing your family small business post. Keep us inform, you have unique style writting I like the way you wrote. I'm glad you find my post helpsful. Like you, I come from small business Cabinet Maker, great minds think alike.

I had seem numbers of things that my Dad and Grandpa's was struggled thru, who had works really hard, to meet end meet ( I had post this thread on other topics). They was able to put foods on the table, clothes on ours back and send us to school.

This was a moments imprinted on my mind. Anytimes, if I had truggled with a problems, I know that they both make it in life and give me courage mentality boot that I was going to make it as well.

This are my motivation kept me going. They not only teach me a business lessons but also life lessons as well. They've taught me about Compassion, Communication, Caring and Forgiveness. If we all truly do this, there will less violence and crimes against each other human beings or animals. Greedy does motivating bad behaviors and drive people's into doing bad things. But that is another threads. Lol. Sometimes life is full of suprise, depending on the mental toughness that will set you apart from the rest. If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to accomplish it that how out brain works. What are you using OfferUp app for buying or selling?
Level 3
Thank you..I do both buy and sell from the app. I would like to see more sales though...got lots of views and inquiries but fewer sales. More often , very low offers way less than half of asking price. As a person , I felt insulted when it happen, but reading some of the posts helped me to have an idea how to deal with it. I have lots of hobbies one of them is scouting for unique items, collecting...As they say...Do what you love and the money will follow...😊 . As a mother, I am constantly trying to make extra income which I can do on my own time. Something I can do at home.
Tags (1)
Community Helper
Wow...@StevenY!

What a Heartfelt post 😊

Hear ya...Love Rules! 💜

Level 2
Ive been on offer up for a year. I am reworking my business philosophy by using tips found here and have been seeing sales increase
OfferUp employee

That's so good to hear @Thomas22!

Level 9
Welcome to Community Forum @Thomas22. I'm curious about what major business do you studying for if you don't mine I'm asking? Come back and share with us your experiences contributed to the Community. Thank you @StevenY
Level 9

HI @Thomas22 welcome to the forums,,,,,,,what have you changed to make your sales go up?